'18 GA RB Anthony Grant (FSU signee)

1608848.jpg

Anthony Grant

3* player(247, 4* Scout), 5'11" 176lbs., RB,
high school junior, .8721 composite score,
Buford High School, Buford, GA,
Class of 2018

#27th RB & #437th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

Max Preps

UT offered on 2-9-17. Grant has a total of 9 D1 offers to date.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Ruckboy

Spoke with 2018 three-star RB Anthony Grant from powerhouse Buford High School near Atlanta.
Notes...
- Really enjoyed his time today. Liked Tennessee a lot and said the Vols definitely helped themselves today.
- He likes Robert Gillespie a lot. Said he's "more cool" than most coaches.
- He obviously knows Austin Smith and Quay Picou but only said Smith today. Didn't run into Picou. Said Smith always tries to recruit him to Tennessee.
- Said he's open to looking around and playing somewhere outside the SEC but definitely likes the SEC.
- Doesn't have a list of finalists or favorites or anything like that. Well ... if he does, he's not saying that publicly.

Reactions: 1 person
Grant said he also liked what he saw from Tennessee off the field, especially in the classroom. He said he wouldn’t be bashful about seeking academic assistance at the college level, and that he was impressed by everything the Vols had to offer in that area.

“Wherever I go, I’m looking for things like, what do they said about the study hall and all that, ‘cause that’s something I need if I want to go to their school,” he said.

Grant said he plans to take more visits to schools in the coming weeks and months, but he doesn’t have anything ironed out at this point. He said the growing list of offers and even larger list of elite programs that might offer has made things more difficult to sort out, but he added that it’s “nice” to be high on the board for so many programs.

“Yeah, it is kind of hard. But it’ll be good,” he said. “I mean, right now I’m open. I’m just seeing where it goes.”

What Grant did know, though, is that Tennessee is “high” on his list — and he offered that opinion without being asked for it.

“They stand high,” Grant said. “They’re high on my list, for sure.”

Grant, who offer list also includes Georgia Tech, Louisville, Missouri, N.C. State, Syracuse, Wake Forest and Rutgers, said he wasn’t ready to trim or sort out his list but that Tennessee and N.C. State “definitely would be up there [near the top] right now.”

Reactions: 2 people
Those are some academically-tough schools he's being offered by. Glad he's open to the help they all offer. Good trait there, humility.

Quick Note on UT Target...

I was at Buford (Ga.) High School today at around 7am to watch workouts and to speak to players and coaches there. I hung out for about 2 hours and it was great.

Anthony Grant is arguably their top 2018 prospect and he is still uncommitted. Tennessee is high on his list and a big reason why is Robert Gillespie. Those two have connected and I was told by two different people today that Gillespie would be "great" for Grant off the field. There are some people that appear to be in UT's corner that are close to Grant.

NC State is a dark horse here due to a former teammate, Shug Frazier being there, but I put Tennessee No. 1 right now.

On Grant, he is a HARD worker. I was told by a coach there today that he is the "smartest" prospect I have ever coached in 21 years. They told me that they tell him once and it is done. Grant is a great athlete who can run and he loves to hit. I will post a full update asap, but I am on the road from sun up to sun down every day this week.

-Chad Simmons, Rivals

Reactions: 13 people
This is an example of the 247 composite not adding up to me...kid is a high 3* on ESPN and Rivals (79 and 5.7), a 4* on Scout and a mid 3* on 247 (86)...to me this adds up to a high 3*/borderline 4* composite...maybe in the .88-.885 range...by he's a mid 3(.86) on the composite...

It's like with ignont...he got a huge bump in the 247 rankings but his composite actually went down....I swear there is a glitch somewhere in their formula

Reactions: 2 people
This is an example of the 247 composite not adding up to me...kid is a high 3* on ESPN and Rivals (79 and 5.7), a 4* on Scout and a mid 3* on 247 (86)...to me this adds up to a high 3*/borderline 4* composite...maybe in the .88-.885 range...by he's a mid 3(.86) on the composite...

It's like with ignont...he got a huge bump in the 247 rankings but his composite actually went down....I swear there is a glitch somewhere in their formula

Been saying it for years. It's not reliable.

They just throw it out there and the masses take it at face value. The composite is a farce.

They just throw it out there and the masses take it at face value. The composite is a farce.

Yeah, I've begun to think this way too. He's gotten offers from Kentucky, Arkansas, and Florida this month alone. That tells me more than some seemingly random star rankings.

I've been looking at the 247 composite because I was curious about how they got their rankings. It's just an average of the national rankings on each site. They don't care what the actual star rating or score of the player is from the services.

It's like with ignont...he got a huge bump in the 247 rankings but his composite actually went down....I swear there is a glitch somewhere in their

formula

Fire Glitch!

I've been looking at the 247 composite because I was curious about how they got their rankings. It's just an average of the national rankings on each site. They don't care what the actual star rating or score of the player is from the services.

It doesn't always jive. Especially if a guy hasn't been rated by a service or doesn't have a numerical ranking.

I've seen some crazy stuff in hoops composite rankings. At one point UT had 3 guys who were 4* composites but consensus 3* guys across the services.

Want. Don't care about the rankings. A workhorse back is hard to come by and he could be one if our new s and c coach turns out to be worth his paycheck.

Clowney, the WR that ended up Missouri for a year or two. always a a couple guys that wait.

VN Store

Back