'18 FL DT Malcolm Lamar

"Malcolm Lamar does not plan to reveal his collegiate decision until National Signing Day, but took another step in the right direction by releasing his top five suitors on Saturday.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Lamar, a rising senior at Seffner (Fla.) Armwood who is labeled as the nation's third-ranked defensive end, has a top five (no order) of Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Oregon and LSU, leaving childhood favorite Florida on the outside looking in.

"Florida recruits me still, but I picked the schools that I feel like I can play at," Lamar said. "I know they have a lot of d-linemen there."
With a visit locked in with Oregon, the school recruiting him the hardest, for July 29, Lamar also took time out of his schedule to expand on his top contenders.

Tennessee: "When I went up there, I liked the environment, fan base, and the coaches are telling me I can start during my freshman year. I talk with (running backs) coach (Robert) Gillespie, and the d-line coach.
"Coach Gillespie hits me up to check on me and stuff, so he's a cool dude."
Oregon: "I like Oregon because that's where my cousin is going. I feel like we need to be together, but then again, I have to make my own decision. Coach Taggart has been recruiting me real hard ever since he was at USF.
"He didn't give up on me then, and they still haven't gave up on me."

I'm still going to take an official visit to Florida," Lamar said. "So, I got Oregon, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and I don't know about the last one.
"Probably Ole Miss or LSU; I have to choose between those schools. I still want to take my Florida visit."

-Scout

"Malcolm Lamar does not plan to reveal his collegiate decision until National Signing Day, but took another step in the right direction by releasing his top five suitors on Saturday.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Lamar, a rising senior at Seffner (Fla.) Armwood who is labeled as the nation's third-ranked defensive end, has a top five (no order) of Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Oregon and LSU, leaving childhood favorite Florida on the outside looking in.

"Florida recruits me still, but I picked the schools that I feel like I can play at," Lamar said. "I know they have a lot of d-linemen there."
With a visit locked in with Oregon, the school recruiting him the hardest, for July 29, Lamar also took time out of his schedule to expand on his top contenders.

Tennessee: "When I went up there, I liked the environment, fan base, and the coaches are telling me I can start during my freshman year. I talk with (running backs) coach (Robert) Gillespie, and the d-line coach.
"Coach Gillespie hits me up to check on me and stuff, so he's a cool dude."
Oregon: "I like Oregon because that's where my cousin is going. I feel like we need to be together, but then again, I have to make my own decision. Coach Taggart has been recruiting me real hard ever since he was at USF.
"He didn't give up on me then, and they still haven't gave up on me."

I'm still going to take an official visit to Florida," Lamar said. "So, I got Oregon, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and I don't know about the last one.
"Probably Ole Miss or LSU; I have to choose between those schools. I still want to take my Florida visit."

-Scout

I'll agree with you on Oregon....looks like they may be his favorite right now. I gotta tell you though. If he's deciding between who to leave off his list...FL, LSU or Ole Miss....that doesn't sound too promising for FL to me...even if he wants to take an official there.

Based off of what you just posted, it sounds like hi Top 3 are Oregon, Alabama and Tennessee, and the other three are battling it out to make Top 5.

JMO of course.

Recruiting rules with Fla kids:

1) Follow the visits

2) Ignore all "Top" anything.

3) Believe them when fax is in.

Yes, I agree with HG, after reading his quotes. Seems like he is trying to punish Florida to get them to show him more love and tell him what he wants to hear about playing time. In the end, he will go with his original favorite, Florida, imo

Yes, I agree with HG, after reading his quotes. Seems like he is trying to punish Florida to get them to show him more love and tell him what he wants to hear about playing time. In the end, he will go with his original favorite, Florida, imo

Seriously tho this kid practically lived in Gainesville. 3-4 visits this spring and coming off a multiple day visit. Nobody LIKES Gainesville that much.

Seriously tho this kid practically lived in Gainesville. 3-4 visits this spring and coming off a multiple day visit. Nobody LIKES Gainesville that much.

I have to admit....this is true. Have been to Gainesville many times. Other than the eye candy on campus and surrounding areas...Gainesvilles sucks ass.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah, I've been to Gainesville, it does suck. Now, I did like Ocala, " The Horse Capital of Florida " or something like that. Both land-locked cities. I mean, what's the point in living in Florida if u don't live on the beach ?

Yeah, I've been to Gainesville, it does suck. Now, I did like Ocala, " The Horse Capital of Florida " or something like that. Both land-locked cities. I mean, what's the point in living in Florida if u don't live on the beach ?

This is true, but having said that...it still depends on what makes you click. My last duty station in the Marine Corps was on a Navy Base in Jacksonville, FL. I absolutely loved Jacksonville. Fun city. After I got out of the Marine Corps I moved to Palm Beach FL...not West Palm Beach...Palm Beach. Absolutely hated it. It was definitely prettier than Jax, but a horrible place to live.

I guess it really doesn't have a lot to do with what you said though (as both places have beaches)(Jacksonvilles was better than Palm Beach's though) but just felt the need to say how much I hated Palm Beach. Oh and re-iterate....Gainesville sucks ASS!

This is true, but having said that...it still depends on what makes you click. My last duty station in the Marine Corps was on a Navy Base in Jacksonville, FL. I absolutely loved Jacksonville. Fun city. After I got out of the Marine Corps I moved to Palm Beach FL...not West Palm Beach...Palm Beach. Absolutely hated it. It was definitely prettier than Jax, but a horrible place to live.

I guess it really doesn't have a lot to do with what you said though (as both places have beaches)(Jacksonvilles was better than Palm Beach's though) but just felt the need to say how much I hated Palm Beach. Oh and re-iterate....Gainesville sucks ASS!

Jax is cool. I love all those bars that look down at the beach. Of course, I'm sure most beaches have that, but I really enjoyed my one day in Jax or what I can remember

VN Store

Back