'17 NC QB Hendon Hooker (Vol transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strategically, that's why you name HB the starter. Hooked and Salter just got here. If you name either of them you risk both Maurer and Bailey leaving. Name Bailey or Maurer and your risk drops in half.
We will need 2 New QBs in 2022, which might include a grad or juco transfer.

Reactions: mikemist
Strategically, that's why you name HB the starter. Hooked and Salter just got here. If you name either of them you risk both Maurer and Bailey leaving. Name Bailey or Maurer and your risk drops in half.

If the coaches play politics and favorites like the last staff, we’ll be horrible again. the starter should be the best guy. PERIOD. who cares who transfers

What is.........ways to lose games, create a terrible culture, and get fired.......Mr. Trebek (may he RIP).

Bailey suprisingly was more of a threat running out of trouble than Jg. He just needs to process things faster and not be as heavy footed in his pocket movement prior to that bailing out.

For Bailey to start, he will have to have a good pre snap read and get rid of the ball quickly. Will also have to improve his accuracy greatly on throwing the ball downfield. When you get a guy open deep, you can't miss that throw.

Salter is a freshman and has to get bigger. Will be interesting to see how quickly he progresses in spring practice. Will not be a good sign if he is the starter on opening day but, might get there by mid October.

Hooker is the wildcard. Big, athletic and experienced. Was Va Tech's starter before injuries and proved himself to have success with his athleticism. Not sure about his accuracy down the field and ability to read defenses.

With all of the different intangibles, the most accurate and successful passer is normally named the starter.

What is.........ways to lose games, create a terrible culture, and get fired.......Mr. Trebek (may he RIP).

I should've mentioned that my opinion is that either Bailey or Maurer will be the favorite to win the starting role regardless, which is why I feel naming either of them (as your best option) also is the path of least attrition. I'm not advocating starting any particular player for any other reason than he's the best option. Saw way too much BS with the JG crap this past year to last a lifetime. I hope Pruitt's rude awakening to the fact he's not a leader of men continues in the NFL. Can't wait for the first report of a player taking him to task for being a grade A A-hole!

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Bailey suprisingly was more of a threat running out of trouble than Jg. He just needs to process things faster and not be as heavy footed in his pocket movement prior to that bailing out.

I think a lot of that had to do with him not being able to have spring or summer practice.

Reactions: Sugaray13
I know I’m late to the game on this realization and it’s probably been mentioned but he has 2 years of eligibility still right?

17-redshirt
18-fr
19-so
20-doesn’t count
21- jr

No way, you play the best QB at the time. This sounds like JG logic

Reactions: VFLBerg
No way, you play the best QB at the time. This sounds like JG logic
To be fair, he was talking who to NAME the starter, not who to play in September. You could name someone the starter tomorrow.

Jmo but it's way too early regardless and I'd rather see a clean-slate competition for all, no need to name anyone the starter or leader right now.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back