'17 NC QB Hendon Hooker (Vol transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness, last year at this time Bailey was the future. Wonder who is the future next year?
I dunno man, if you search my name on these forums I've never personally said that... I guess you could argue Bailey is the now? The QB competition is gonna be wide open, I just hope all goes smoothly with spring/summer camps. We should be content with our QB room, especially without Jeronimo. (lol)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geronimo

He is certainly open to criticism as is anyone who puts stuff out there in any public forum. Just like those that get on sites openly supporting a guy for coach that had his last P5 school have to wipe off many wins off it's record for HIS immoral and/or unethical acts. Free speech is what free speech is. At least he has identified himself unlike the rest of us who do not on these forums. If he was making stuff up then that would something totally different. Taking a position is not making stuff up. It is possible the players have been given a little more info about the basis of the investigations to date and this is their position based on that info. He is certainly closer to sources than most of us.
Fair points

He didn’t say anything until fanbase and admin became the immature ones. I have no issue with what Bailey dad posted. People shouldn’t be tweeting at him or his son and other players with some of the BS they were putting out there
I personally wouldn’t directly critically post to a parent or player directly on their account. They however have opened themselves (parent or player) if they choose to engage in social media. As far as your first statement that is untrue. According to a VN member posting yesterday, HB’s Dad was vocally against BM starting last year in a game. That’s a bad look and it is puzzling that he would do that.

Upset because BM provided a legitimate spark and was worried that Bailey would sit behind Maurer for 3 years. I think Bailey felt like he was better but his dad apparently is afraid of competition or was told it was JG until Bailey got there.

If true, when you are a fringe program then you find staff"s making promises like this that hurt the program. It is gross incompetence. No way Saban says something like this. That could explain riding with JG loss after loss. Can't have a staff making recruiting decisions like this dictated by parents.

If true, when you are a fringe program then you find staff"s making promises like this that hurt the program. It is gross incompetence. No way Saban says something like this. That could explain riding with JG loss after loss. Can't have a staff making recruiting decisions like this dictated by parents.

Didn’t ride with JG after that. Tried to stay with Maurer but he couldn’t stay healthy. JG then came off the bench a few games and played well and helped us win.

Didn’t ride with JG after that. Tried to stay with Maurer but he couldn’t stay healthy. JG then came off the bench a few games and played well and helped us win.
The thing was that it was abundantly obvious to most of us that JG is not and never will be wired to be a starter.

The staff could not see that fact after the 2019 season either through coaching arrogance ("I can fix this kid") or they just have never seen a kid have that particular mental block, and couldn't understand it ("Hey..this kid can really play, just look at how great he played off the bench and saved games, he obviously has it in him")

That was their downfall IMO.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The thing was that it was abundantly obvious to most of us that JG is not and never will be wired to be a starter.

The staff could not see that fact after the 2019 season either through coaching arrogance ("I can fix this kid") or they just have never seen a kid have that particular mental block, and couldn't understand it ("Hey..this kid can really play, just look at how great he played off the bench and saved games, he obviously has it in him")

That was their downfall IMO.
I think it was an indictment on the staff because they couldnt find anyone else. JG was not good, they knew that.

Transfers, new recruits, getting whos on campus ready. That isnt anyone elses jurisdiction.

So do you think promising Bailey is the guy after JG was just during the recruiting process? We rode with JG this year which is just as important.

Bailey was not ready earlier in the year yet the staff almost refused to give the other QB's a chance and yanked them after one bad play. It was like they didn't want them to gain experience.

So do you think promising Bailey is the guy after JG was just during the recruiting process? We rode with JG this year which is just as important.

Bailey was not ready earlier in the year yet the staff almost refused to give the other QB's a chance and yanked them after one bad play. It was like they didn't want them to gain experience.

It goes to show you how bad they were. It's their time to shine and they would come in and mess up immediately. Pruitt wanted to win and JG was gonna be the best shot until it didn't matter later in the year. Unless Pruitt wanted to be fired, I don't think he was playing JG because he can't see how bad he was. He knew and the coaches knew but they knew that the others would be worse until they had nothing left to lose.

Bailey did well for a true Freshman and shows a lot of promise but people on here are crazy. They were claiming he was Peyton before he even played and now they're writing him off.

It’ll definitely be Bailey. Especially with this QB Coach and Huepel. No way he loses the QB battle.

I don’t know. Think it’s going to be a heck of a battle between Bailey, Hooker, Mauer, Salter. Do not count Maurer out in this scheme. He was really good in the quick game and has really quick release. Can see him having success with a coach that lets him rip it

I don’t know. Think it’s going to be a heck of a battle between Bailey, Hooker, Mauer, Salter. Do not count Maurer out in this scheme. He was really good in the quick game and has really quick release. Can see him having success with a coach that lets him rip it
Maurer can’t read a defense. Won’t play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back