'17 NC QB Hendon Hooker (Vol transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the type of guy we’ve needed, he’ll cover up mistakes and line breakdowns or missed blocks with his legs. Honestly the game has changed enough that it’s almost necessary to have a qb that can move, extend plays and take off when he needs to. Glad to see us shift to this guy and Salter.
Let's just hope he can pass, that is still very important. All run and no pass isn't going to get it. I love qb's that can move, but that doens't mean all of them have to be blazers I have seen many good qb's that weren't blazers but could make people miss and get yards when they needed too. Being able to pick up blitzes and bide some time is the main thing. Now if he can run fast that is just a bonus, but like I said it can't be just all run and not be able to hit the side of a barn type of deal. Them never work out. GBO!

His passing stats look Ok. Td-Int ratio is decent and it looks like he was 63% one year. Of course JG’s stats were misleading so this guys stats could be as well.
They are. That’s why I said I’ve watched most of his games. He’s not a great passer. He’s a runner who throws a bit. But good defenses would expose his subpar passing for sure. But he’s big and can run.

Reactions: OrangeBoll
Let's just hope he can pass, that is still very important. All run and no pass isn't going to get it. I love qb's that can move, but that doens't mean all of them have to be blazers I have seen many good qb's that weren't blazers but could make people miss and get yards when they needed too. Being able to pick up blitzes and bide some time is the main thing. Now if he can run fast that is just a bonus, but like I said it can't be just all run and not be able to hit the side of a barn type of deal. Them never work out. GBO!
His highlights look solid

Only on VN will people moan and groan about needing players for certain positions. Then, when we get one, people moan and groan that we got one. Guess it's what makes VN great.
I mean....its how it goes with any coach thread. You could start a thread about literally any coach and people are gonna say dont want. Meyer has NCAA issues, Saban will retire soon and sucked in the NFL, Jeff Fisher only rode McNairs coattails, Freeze has NCAA issues, Chadwell has no SEC experience, Napier hasn't been a head coach long, and so on. There is literally no one or nothing that would satisfy this fanbase short of a #1 recruiting class and national championships every year.

You use this guy until Salter's ready in Chadwell's O and possibly Napier's. But you have to fire Jeremy first.

No he did not. That is as false of a statement as you have made on here and you've made a $hit ton.

Bailey's father said as much recently. So I'm not sure why you're jumping down BOTs throat about it...

His father is sort of a crybaby. He pitched a fit when Brian Maurer started against UGA in 2019 as a freshman.

Then last week saying "We came here to play for coach Pruitt " two days later Hendon Hooker anounces transfer to UT.

So who really knows whats real. But Bailey's father did say that....

Last edited:
Bailey's father said as much recently. So I'm not sure why you're jumping down BOTs throat about it...

His father is sort of a crybaby. He pitched a fit when Brian Maurer started against UGA in 2019 as a freshman.

Then last week saying "We came here to play for coach Pruitt " two days later Hendon Hooker anounces transfer to UT.

So who really knows whats real. But Bailey's father did say that....
What did he say about Maurer starting a year before his son was here??

What did he say about Maurer starting a year before his son was here??
Yeah.
I was going on about Brian Maurer is the real deal yada yada.

Others on here were kind of pissed that Bailey all of a sudden began secretly looking around. See Baileys father was a poster on here for a while...ok.
And when this started happening he said something to the effect of, "you play with fire and you get burned ". Going on about it would be Tennessee's loss.

Like what was Jeremy Pruitt supposed to do? Keep JG out there and keep sucking??
He did that THIS year and now he's losing his job.

Yeah.
I was going on about Brian Maurer is the real deal yada yada.

Others on here were kind of pissed that Bailey all of a sudden began secretly looking around. See Baileys father was a poster on here for a while...ok.
And when this started happening he said something to the effect of, "you play with fire and you get burned ". Going on about it would be Tennessee's loss.

Like what was Jeremy Pruitt supposed to do? Keep JG out there and keep sucking??
He did that THIS year and now he's losing his job.
E8F95664-C6F4-4263-ADEC-4E22AA97D2E2.gif

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back