'17 FL RB/WR Darrian Felix

I don't know about Coleman. Hurd clearly did not have the success we hoped for in this offense, as a bigger back, but our smaller backs are shredding defenses.

I'm not making the cash here, but if a man could swing it... Chandler, Akers, and Felix.

I don't know about Coleman. Hurd clearly did not have the success we hoped for in this offense, as a bigger back, but our smaller backs are shredding defenses.

I'm not making the cash here, but if a man could swing it... Chandler, Akers, and Felix.

Chandler, Felix and Akers? Oh hell yes please.

Hurd had a good 2015 though.

I think big backs can have success in our scheme. They just need to have the want to and need to put the work in.

It's arguable whether Hurd has done either of those since the Outback Bowl ended.

Reactions: 3 people
I've thought all year that Hurd really missed Alex Ellis this year,that young man paved the way for a lot of Hurds production last year.

Size of the RB in the offense isn't the issue, skill set is.
Jonathan Stewart, Lafayette Blount, Royce Freeman devontae booker are all well over 220+ but they have the physical attributes and tools to make any offense go

Size of the RB in the offense isn't the issue, skill set is.
Jonathan Stewart, Lafayette Blount, Royce Freeman devontae booker are all well over 220+ but they have the physical attributes and tools to make any offense go

Lafayette 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 1 person
It's hard to say right now. Some are saying that CBJ is going to let him out of his scholarship & go elsewhere. I'm not sure that's going to happen though. He's been a solid RB & special teams player in high school his senior year. It's really hard to predict what CBJ will do with Coleman.

If I had to guess right now, I think he keeps him mainly for special teams play if not for RB. He's got enough talent to contribute to this football team at special teams & could also fill the backup role probably 3rd or 4th string though as a RB.

If he's coached up right I think he could become a solid player for us. That's if CBJ don't let him go 1st. I would say Coleman is 60%-65% safe to stay at UT but you just never know which players a coach will let go in these circumstances. Thanks.

I have a feeling he could certainly contribute as much as Jeremy Lewis ever did.

I've thought all year that Hurd really missed Alex Ellis this year,that young man paved the way for a lot of Hurds production last year.

The only thing Hurd missed was mentality and ability to run in a zone blocking scheme. Pretty clear Kamara and Kelly have no issue finding holes

The only thing Hurd missed was mentality and ability to run in a zone blocking scheme. Pretty clear Kamara and Kelly have no issue finding holes

I think that was Hurd's obvious problem. Being an RB in the zone read means having patience until you see a hole then cut back into it. Unless the hole was big enough for a Volkswagon to drive through, Hurd usually just kept running towards the sideline until he got tackled for negative yardage, while Kamara or Kelly will see a slight hole and have the speed and agility to hit that crease before it closed.

His team lost 27-24 in 2OT. His season is over.

For highlights check out @chelsamessinger twitter feed. Has both his 1st half TDs

Last edited:
I would rather have Travis Etienne myself. He's a better all-around RB than Felix. Looks like both have us back a bit in the pecking order though.

Etienne got the LSU offer today didn't he? I would think he would jump on that...I would go with Felix and then the WKU commit and take either to finish this class with 3 RBs

VN Store

Back