'17 CA DE Jaelan Phillips

I think Pruitt found a loophole with this medical retirement imo. Kid retires UCLA gets scholarship back. Kid comes to UT takes physical gets cleared and can play immediately.

Pure speculation on my part.

Possible. I just read his announcement on twitter from when he said he was leaving. I think people are jumping to conclusions that he was retiring but what I read was his wording was all about setting the stage for his case of immediate eligibility elsewhere. Sounds to me he plans to use injuries/poor S&C mgmt along with not having his major as his case to NCAA. Kelly system is not friendly to defensive players health

Didn't Andrew Butcher do something similar. He had a knee issue here seems like Tennessee wouldn't clear him to play. He then transferred to Kennesaw State and played last season... ( I think)

Can play immediately at fcs regardless, no loophole

fwiw this kid is really banged up. Would be like getting Trey right now. Great upside, near 0% he plays. But would be minimal risk, wouldnt count toward a class if he doesnt medically clear

Lol this kid is not depth he would ostensibly be the best player on the team
Doubtful. Injuries and not super productive. 41 tackles, 4.5 sacks in two years. No reason to believe he would be the best on our team

VN Store

Back