16 TX QB Jalen Hurts

These days if you have more than 3 you will still end up with 3 because someone will transfer. Having more than 3 is overrated.
Actually worse than that... if you have more then 2, you might end up with 2. Happened to LSU this year, and Alabama last year.

Reactions: Sleegro
Do you know where Carson Wentz went to school? Kareem Hunt? Jerry Rice? There’s thousands more. Playing at FAU wouldn’t hurt draft stock

It's not going to help it either. There isn't much incentive to go to FAU. Most likely destination at this time is OU. I highly doubt he even considers FAU.

It's not going to help it either. There isn't much incentive to go to FAU. Most likely destination at this time is OU. I highly doubt he even considers FAU.
Does OU even want him?

I started this thread because I was surprised just how many people thought Hurts just waltzes in and puts JG in the transfer portal. I just don’t get it. Although I’d love to have both talents at the same time. Because I love having lots of talent.

In this situation you have exactly one talented QB.

Some of you all are still looking at JG's recruiting rankings as if he's this dromant great QB that only needs to wake up.

Hurts passed for 2,800 yards his freshman season.... And almost had 1,000 rushing with 36 total tds.

Yes he absolutely beats Jarret Gaurantano day one!!
Wth are some of you smoking??

Bama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TN

That’s ******** that’s ******** right there.

In this situation you have exactly one talented QB.

Some of you all are still looking at JG's recruiting rankings as if he's this dromant great QB that only needs to wake up.

Hurts passed for 2,800 yards his freshman season.... And almost had 1,000 rushing with 36 total tds.

Yes he absolutely beats Jarret Gaurantano day one!!
Wth are some of you smoking??

I understand the logic of looking at his numbers, but he did all that with an elite team around him. It doesn’t do him much good to come to TN over another team in better position to let him flourish. If he wants to go to the league. But maybe he is just a good hearted guy who wants to help UT win 8 games and get to a bowl this year.

JG will improve if the team improves he did well considering. Less dropped balls (worst in SEC in ‘18) and better oline play (worst in the SEC ‘18). AND defense being able to keep the score close.

Reactions: JohnD13 and Sleegro
Both of you are missing a major factor. Hurts being as mobile as he is and with the accuracy he gained this year on his deep ball, is exactly what this line could use. A QB who poses a true dual-threat is a mediocre OLs best friend. You have to game plan for him in both aspects and can’t just blitz every play like they do JG.

I agree with this chizzle. That's what Dobbs did when he came in, and everyone started talking about how much our line improved. LOL. I personally think Hurts would pan out to be equal to what we have now. He is simply not a good passer and decision maker. Hard to eat a scholly when we need linemen in the pipeline.

Can't see CJP going after him without some real upside. For Hurts, I can't imagine him wanting to go to a pro style based scheme where you are being sacked @ the same time the balls arrives in a shotgun. But hey, if that's what he wants.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleegro
I agree with this chizzle. That's what Dobbs did and everyone started talking about how much out line improved. LOL. I personally think Hurts would pan out to be equal to what we have now. He is simply not a good passer and decision maker.

Can't see CJP going after him without some real upside. For Hurts, I can't imagine him wanting to go to a pro style based scheme where you are being sacked @ the same time the balls arrives in a shotgun. But hey, if that's what he wants.

The only thing I can say about this is look at the Alabama game. Yes I know they adjusted at halftime for Chryst, however, look at before they made adjustments. Alabama tried to rush Chryst the way they rushed JG and Chryst made them pay for two touchdowns. That was just off of Chryst being decisive and getting the ball out knowing that a blitz was coming.

Add in the fact that one wrong move and Hurts can kill you with his legs and that alone causes problems for any defense they won’t just be able to send a rush immediately every play like teams do to JG.

That being said our line will be much improved this year and that will give any QB more time to throw the ball.

The OL is going through a major rebuild, with NFL parts. Sorta like 2010, only with a better base. And Cheney not only improves all his QBs, he also has some pretty awesome lines. No wonder Pittman loves to work with him.

And if Hurts wants to be an NFL QUARTERBACK, then he’ll want to come to an offense that will teach him how to do that. Thusly, Chaney.

Coach, I love the optimism. But even if Chaney works magic and improves our OL by 50% (I'll throw TEs in there too), then we'll still rank near the cellar of the SEC. If Hurts volunteers (no pun intended) for that kind of abuse, then I seriously question his intellect. He's watched our train wreck for 3 seasons now.

Reactions: Catbone
I'd say it's pretty likely. Riley was singing his praises before the playoff.
Talking up an opponent is what coaches do. They already have Austin kendall, who nearly beat out kyler as the starter this season, and just signed the number 1 qb in this class, Spencer rattler. Not to mention Tanner Mordecai, a top 250 four star qb from 2 years ago. I doubt Oklahoma really wants hurts and I doubt hurts would want to go there and be in the same situation he's leaving.

I am no JG hater, I like the guy, and I think he is a decent QB. But after having watched him for the last two years IMO he holds the ball too long. His arm isn't bad, and he is a gamer, but he doesn't make quick decisions. When he has time to work, he gets the job done. When he doesn't, he stands back there and gets hammered. This isn't a revelation.

There are some on this forum that seem to think that he is a Heisman candidate in waiting, but he isn't. Will Chaney make him a better QB - absolutely. Is he better than Hurts is right now - not a chance. I don't care what line he is behind or who his supporting cast is - IMO Hurts is light-years ahead of JG. Hurts isn't likely to come here, but if he does I believe he starts game 1. He is just the kind of leader and personality that I think Pruitt would want as QB. Don't forget that he is 26-2 as a starter. He's a winner and everyone on here knows it. We would take him in a heartbeat...

Reactions: bignewt
This is just too stupid. People using this to bash JG. That **** is getting old. You peckerheads need to just deal with the fact that JG is the starter now and will remain the starter until he leaves. Nobody is coming in that can beat him out as a Freshman. Shrout isn't gonna beat him out. No legit QB is going to grad transfer in. JG is the QB.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
D4H, u out there lurking? What’s your assessment on QB? Roll with JG or try to bring in Hurts?

I realize the game isn't about feelings and what-not, but I'll say this anyway. After the toughness and commitment JG has shown to date, I'd hate to see him lose his job. That said, you have to get and play the best players you can.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
D4H, u out there lurking? What’s your assessment on QB? Roll with JG or try to bring in Hurts?
PLEASE let grandma sleep. We don't need her walking around b!tchin', fartin' and stinking up the place........

PLEASE let grandma sleep. We don't need her walking around b!tchin', fartin' and stinking up the place........
Why don’t you put D4H on ignore? Don’t waste your life hating. You put him on ignore and we all carry on with our VN conversation

Go cheer for them then
been here through the worst not going to get run off by a rainbow chaser. I am not the one begging one of their players to come here. Chryst looked a lot better out at Stanford than he did here. what happened? Did he completely forget how to be good/decent? Or is UT in bad shape?

people don't want to deal with reality and let themselves get set up every year for 15-0 and then get hurt when our MASH unit team barely breaks .500.

Wes Rucker
@wesrukcer247
·
Jan 9
Source close to the UTAD Compliance office says Hurts’ papers came through the office this evening around 6pm. Should be cleared by NCAA tomorrow and a “done deal” by Friday morning. #Vols

Why is this dude trying to be a fake Wes Rucker for? Someone else posted, even the real Wes Rucker is fake, soooo there’s that.🤣

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Talking up an opponent is what coaches do. They already have Austin kendall, who nearly beat out kyler as the starter this season, and just signed the number 1 qb in this class, Spencer rattler. Not to mention Tanner Mordecai, a top 250 four star qb from 2 years ago. I doubt Oklahoma really wants hurts and I doubt hurts would want to go there and be in the same situation he's leaving.

I mean he kind of went out of his way to praise him. He's not even the starting qb and Riley specifically mentioned him and said OU needs more players like him. And I think any program with an opening at QB and national championship aspirations will have interest in Hurts. There's also reports that Kendall may be considering transferring as well.

VN Store

Back