'16 TN ATH Darel Middleton (Tennessee signee)

He’s also an early enrollee. Would be great if he could come in and take Phillips or A. Johnson’s spot right off the bat. 6’7 300lb+ sounds pretty good to me, with Gooden, Emerson, Savion and Butler filling in the other spots.

Reactions: T Dog
He’s also an early enrollee. Would be great if he could come in and take Phillips or A. Johnson’s spot right off the bat. 6’7 300lb+ sounds pretty good to me, with Gooden, Emerson, Savion and Butler filling in the other spots.

That’s you lineup right there IMO...with a few others added in for depth:

E: Mincey-Butler-Freshman(hopefully Eboigbe or Anderson)
T: Gooden-Williams-Simmons
E: Emerson-Middleton-Garland

Reactions: T Dog
I see people took Bam seriously and went to twitter to lead to this. Smh. Him being and EE at his position is critical. We need big bodies for spring. Staff probably will take his potential and hope to get it out of him. Look at Gooden. He had some of the same question marks.

It seems absurd to me to even think this guy is a numbers casualty. He’s huge, very athletic, a local kid who has had his problems and now seems genuinely excited to have a second chance to be in Knoxville, and is a DL when our DL next year projects as breaking in mostly new players at a position group that had little depth and struggled all year. In other words, I view Middleton and Williams as critical to getting this team to a bowl next year. While I truly hope Emerson, Garland, Kurott, Mincey, Butler, Bennett, etc., become legit players, I doubt Pruitt wants to bank on our current DL players taking the necessary next steps to have a decent team next year and Middleton and Williams seem to offer what we need.

It seems absurd to me to even think this guy is a numbers casualty. He’s huge, very athletic, a local kid who has had his problems and now seems genuinely excited to have a second chance to be in Knoxville, and is a DL when our DL next year projects as breaking in mostly new players at a position group that had little depth and struggled all year. In other words, I view Middleton and Williams as critical to getting this team to a bowl next year. While I truly hope Emerson, Garland, Kurott, Mincey, Butler, Bennett, etc., become legit players, I doubt Pruitt wants to bank on our current DL players taking the necessary next steps to have a decent team next year and Middleton and Williams seem to offer what we need.
We have to remember Garland (Kurott is his first name) and Mincey were both freshman and are both Pruitt’s recruits. Emerson was coming back from injury, was a freshman and redshirted. There’s no reason to think he won’t be a serious force. Butler will be good for depth, and Bennett is at OLB now.

We have to remember Garland (Kurott is his first name) and Mincey were both freshman and are both Pruitt’s recruits. Emerson was coming back from injury, was a freshman and redshirted. There’s no reason to think he won’t be a serious force. Butler will be good for depth, and Bennett is at OLB now.
Did Garland and Mincey redshirt?

Reactions: VolGBO6
Not Mincey. Our redshirts were:

Kurot Garland
Greg Emerson
JJ Peterson
Cedric Tillman
Kivon Bennett
Maleik Gray
Kingston Harris
JT Shrout
Brandon Davis
Ollie Lane
Jacob Warren
Tanner Antonutti
that's a pretty healthy list. Hope the bigguns got a hell of alot stronger.

Reactions: TC 83

VN Store

Back