'16 NC OG Landon Dickerson

Can't be serious with that post. FSU even called him their best O-lineman - had plans to move him to LT. He had an ACL as a freshman. Then he had a severe ankle sprain last season on the same right leg that ended up with a staph infection after he came back from the ACL. That has zero to do with his ability and what he showed before the ACL. He gained an extra year of recovery for his knee with the ankle issue last season.

Kirkland would be the equivalent as far as injuries of a good player for UT. However, Kirkland depends more on quickness to play LB than Dickerson does as an O-lineman. Tougher to come back when you have to be quick.

I watched a lot and understand that injuries took their toll. He was a great prospect, and isn’t very good because of those injuries. His being the “best” at FSU and ability to play immediately at UT is more a sign of the collective OL’s at those two schools, than his greatness. I hope he’s successful wherever he plays. I just don’t see it or him staying healthy.

JMO

He mauls people and will again this season. I think he stays healthy. Maybe he doesn’t. It’s football so an injury can come on any given play to any player unfortunately. He also rehabbed the correct way and I will FSU credit for that. Unlike Kirby at UGA who rushed Zamir White back which resulted in another injury to the opposite knee. Kirby has caught a lot of hell here in N.C. for that. He pissed a ton of people off.

He mauls people and will again this season. I think he stays healthy. Maybe he doesn’t. It’s football so an injury can come on any given play to any player unfortunately. He also rehabbed the correct way and I will FSU credit for that. Unlike Kirby at UGA who rushed Zamir White back which resulted in another injury to the opposite knee. Kirby has caught a lot of hell here in N.C. for that. He pissed a ton of people off.

Agree with this. If what was said about Frey is true, I’m glad Dickerson is coming back and he was justified in wanting to leave. Clements should be good for him as his coach.

My main question isn’t talent, it’s his health. Wish him the best.....FSU or UT.

I’m beginning to wonder if what the guy I work with told me is true now. Last week we were talking and I asked him if he saw that Dickerson was transferring. His son went to high school with Dickerson and they still talk some. My co worker said the the OL coach for FSU basically called him a Pu$$y for wanting to use knee braces. Parents got pissed about it and went to the Unveristy about the OL coach comments. Then a few days after we had been talking about it the OL coach gets fired. So maybe that might be why Dickerson is staying now.

Hmm some pages back it was mentioned some player told Butch he reminded them of Helm. This story sounds spot on. Doubt Pruitt would want some weak sauce like that.

giphy.gif

In, then out, now back in again. I would love to know the story behind that. Don’t know much about how he did at fsu but could help us depth wise on OL if not becoming a starter. But he might be a head case as well. I think we would have to look long and hard at this guy as a transfer. But I can not blame him for wanting to leave that s&$? Show at fsu. I am really not sold on their HC, time will tell.

In, then out, now back in again. I would love to know the story behind that. Don’t know much about how he did at fsu but could help us depth wise on OL if not becoming a starter. But he might be a head case as well. I think we would have to look long and hard at this guy as a transfer. But I can not blame him for wanting to leave that s&$? Show at fsu. I am really not sold on their HC, time will tell.

His HC is turning out to be the AA version of butch if that tells you anything. Corny, all talk, same system, FOS

Reactions: jakez4ut
With our OL play the past two yrs if your taking a risk on boom or bust it is there
He hasn't shown he's any better than what we've had the last 2 years or will have this year. Maybe he's worth it but we are already up against the 85 and borrowing against next year's 25 so it will cost a lot to take the chance imo.

VN Store

Back