'16 MD DE Rashaun "Shaq" Smith

Not looking good here, from ESPN though, so who knows.

Smith is expected to make a decision this spring, possibly before the evaluation period begins. Clemson’s chief competition is Alabama, Florida State, and Penn State with Florida, Miami, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Auburn and Oklahoma also receiving serious consideration.

Per Hubbs

Tennessee continues to try and add some talent on the defensive line and several players have been in touch with Tennessee recently about a visit.

We mentioned Bethel earlier in the War Room, and have heard Rahshaun Smith has talked to the Vols since his decommitment from Clemson and could give the Vols a second look. Smith is a long shot for sure, but the Vols are hoping to land a visit.

Reactions: 2 people
Leaving Clemson, in transfer portal.

This Clemson defender was a potential starter in 2019. He’s in transfer portal, report says

Clemson linebacker Shaq Smith appeared set to have a breakout year in 2019 after contributing mostly on special teams his first three years with the Tigers.

If Smith does in fact finally reach his potential this upcoming season, it will likely be another team that will benefit.

Smith has entered the transfer portal, according to reports from 247Sports and The Clemson Insider. The Baltimore, Maryland native graduated earlier this month and will be eligible to play immediately.

Smith does have the option to return to Clemson, but Tigers coach Dabo Swinney said during a Prowl and Growl event earlier this month that when a player enters the transfer portal he does not expect them back.

Clemson coworkers are saying he red-shirted a year so would have 2 years of eligibility.
Is he a grad transfer?

I read that he is considered a Maryland Lock. Marylands DB coach has had a important part in his life and has been a fatherly type figure since he was in 7th grade. Entered the portal, but said he doesnt wish to be contacted by other schools at this time.

Could be wrong but I thought I read he is almost for certain Maryland bound, which is why he isnt taking contact from other schools.

VN Store

Back