'16 AL WR Velus Jones (Transfer)

I don’t understand Byrd. I thought a fresh start and a new staff would help him. He’s probably the fastest guy on our team

Tee Martin should be able to get much more out of him. Kid was a stud as a freshman.

Interesting. Didn't do much as a WR for USC, but was decent as a kick returner. Imagine this is more of a depth pull for 2020 if it happens. Seems like a decent amount of upside. Imagine Tee is the main draw.

What's the deal with this dude? He any good? What are his stats?

Here are his career stats. It’s the KR stats that stand out:

CAREER: In his career, he has 30 receptions for 312 yards (10.4 avg) with 1 TD, plus 28 yards on 11 carries (2.5 avg) with 1 TD, 52 kickoff returns for 1,243 yards (23.9 avg) and 1 tackle. He ranks ninth on USC’s career kickoff return list (1,243 yards). He has appeared in 26 games in his career, with 4 starts.

Not a fan, myself. But he has history with Tee and the two seasons of eligibility makes it ok with me.
i mean i wouldn't be mad about it. and we are going to need WR help relatively soon. just not sure i'd want to take a transfer over some of the kids we're currently recruiting....

but whatever. it's not like i get paid to make that decision. lol.

Reactions: butchna
i mean i wouldn't be mad about it. and we are going to need WR help relatively soon. just not sure i'd want to take a transfer over some of the kids we're currently recruiting....

but whatever. it's not like i get paid to make that decision. lol.
I was going to mention his return abilities meriting the interest and then saw Dagley’s post immediately after that. That’s an X factor.

VN Store

Back