'16 AL WR Velus Jones (Transfer)

Per Hubbs

While it doesn't directly pertain to Tennessee, the Vols may end up being the benefactor of Trevon Diggs committing to Alabama unexpectedly last weekend. After talking to several in Alabama close to the program, the Tide plan on taking two more wide receivers and feel like they are in a good spot for reveal including A.J. Brown, Mykel Jones and Cavin Ridley.

That means the Tide may not end up offering wide receiver Velus Jones and Tennessee seems to trending in the right direction with him right now. Another key to his recruitment could end up being where Tee Martin ends up depending on the situation at Southern Cal.

Tennessee has made Jones a priority the last month or so and there's a strong chance Jones makes an official visit to Knoxville Vanderbilt weekend. This weekend Jones is visiting Mississippi State when they play Alabama.

Reactions: 2 people
Hypothetically say we end up getting Jones, Davis, and Mecole, that would be six recievers. I know we need recievers this class but that is a lot. Who would we tell to look elsewhere

You won't have to worry about that happening.

Alabama just taking the worse little bros of stars. Stephon Diggs bro and Calvin Ridleys bro.

Velus would be a huge get. Kid can pick pretty much any school he wants to go to

I like Jones and the speed he has. I actually like the type of receivers we are chasing. Guys like Jones and Henderson fit this scheme. Catch and Run type receivers. We desperately need thoses types of guys. We have enough 'Catch and Fall down' receivers.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Jones and the speed he has. I actually like the type of receivers we are chasing. Guys like Jones and Henderson fit this scheme. Catch and Run type receivers. We desperately need thoses types of guys. We have enough 'Catch and Fall down' receivers.

Ie. Von Pearson? :)

“I really, really like Tennessee,” Jones said. “They’re high on my list. All the coaches are great guys. I just can’t wait to get up there.”

“I have good connections with everybody,” Jones said. “I’m just ready to get up there and see the place.”

secc

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back