'15 TN DE Kyle Phillips (UT commit 1/3/15)

This kid and Dylan Jackson. I'd take the 1st one ready to commit. Either one and Andrew Butcher and we are done at DE for 2015.

This kid and Dylan Jackson. I'd take the 1st one ready to commit. Either one and Andrew Butcher and we are done at DE for 2015.

There's also jalen dalton, and rosario(we lead), and others as well. I could see us taking 3 des.

Anyone know a projection for how many spots we should have next year?

There's also jalen dalton, and rosario(we lead), and others as well. I could see us taking 3 des.

Most feel it will be 17-19 spots. I gave my breakdown of what I thought it would be for each position in an earlier thread. I said 1 RB, others said 2. I said 3 OL, others felt we would take 4. I said 2 DT, others said 3. I said 2 DEs and others feel 3. Of course that can't work out like that with 17-19 total. Long way to go, just have to see it plays out.

We will be able to take 22 to 25 after attrition, Carson, Clark, High, etc. Plenty of room for a normal class.

The talent instate for 2015 has to be an all time high. We could almost make a full class off of the guys instate and have a top class.

Guys like Phillips, McGraw, Richmond, Amadi, Jackson, Jones, Stewart, and many others are all top flight guys

SKILL ASSESSMENT: After seeing Phillips in person at the IFM camp this summer, he's the kind of athletic defensive lineman that's been missing in Knoxville recently. Not only blessed with good athleticism, he has great size as well at 6-4, 245.

STATUS WITH VOLS: Phillips hasn't made a lot of college visits up to this point but he's made it to Knoxville, doing so this summer on a one-day visit. Vanderbilt may be the team everyone is trying to beat out, though, as Phillips mother was a basketball player at Vanderbilt. But, the Vols are off to a good start here.

OTHERS INVOLVED: Vanderbilt, Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Virginia

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
really hope we are in on this kid, it always makes me happy when metro Nashville kids end up at UT.

Phillips and McGraw from Nashville plus Richmond from Memphis and I'll be ecstatic. These are the kinds of players we need if we want to be winning championships.

"All the recruiting stuff has been crazy," Phillips said. "I had 102 letters in the first two days. Vanderbilt sent like 32 letters, Ohio State sent me 28. I can't even open it all."

Last weekend he even took in his first SEC game when he visited Georgia to see the Bulldogs take on South Carolina. "It was really good. I was glad I got to experience it," Phillips said.

"I talk with Tennessee's coaches on twitter. I still like Tennessee," Phillips said. "The facilities are really nice and you can really see an improvement with their team this year with recruiting and with the way they're trying to turn the program around from what it's been."

Phillips also visited Ohio State during the summer and liked that visit as well. "It was good. I went during the camp but didn't camp and just went for a visit. It was good. It's not too far away from home," Phillips said.

-VQ

VN Store

Back