'15 TN DE Kyle Phillips (UT commit 1/3/15)

I'd say no. He's a huge longshot for Tennessee considering his Vandy ties.

Because his mom played a sport at Vandy?

Nothing against women or women's sports, specifically, but is that really going to play that big of a deal? Maybe I'm being ignorant.

I've never heard an athlete say, "I want to follow my mom's footsteps."

Reactions: 1 person
He's been quoted saying his mom will only let him go to Vandy or Stanford . I really hope he can make his own decision . She played bball at candy .

I haven't seen that quote.

If you honestly care about academics you would be a moron to go to Vanderbilt over Stanford. At Vandy's very best, Medicine, it is only on par with Stanford. At Stanfords best, Business, Engineering, CS, Sciences, etc., it is a full two tiers above Vanderbilt.

Not to mention Palo Alto is awesome.

If Kyle publically said his visit was amazing then it was. He's not the type to embellish, he plays it close to the vest.

Great news.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd say orange is a good look for Kyle.

@K21LP: Game face! How do I look in that orange?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: 4 people
I'd say orange is a good look for Kyle.

@K21LP: Game face! How do I look in that orange?

He does not look happy to be there
flk06.jpg

Also in Knoxville on Thursday were several underclassmen. Nashville defensive end Kyle Phillips saw Tennessee for the first time and told Volquest Thursday night the visit was great. Phillips will be one of the top defensive linemen, if not the top, in the state next year and while he has ties to Vanderbilt, his mother graduated from there, but Tennessee was the first team to offer and have done well early to get him on campus and he's certainly interested in the Vols.

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
“It went great,” said Phillips[.]

“It was a really good experience.”

“I really liked the indoor practice facility, the whole football locker room — everything,”

“I liked how, with the indoor (facility), everything was kind of, like, together. The indoor’s right there with the weight room right there, with the offices right there. It’s, like, all together. I liked how that was.”

“I got to talk to Coach Jones. I talked to almost every single coach,” Phillips said. “I talked to just about everybody. I went to the academic center and talked to the tutors they had, and they told me about everything they do, how much help you get with everything, so that was good.

“I really like how everything’s organized — stuff like that."

Phillips said his mother wasn’t able to accompany him on the visit because she recently “had knee surgery,” but he was joined by his grandfather and one of his cousins, who are “both really huge UT fans.”

“A whole bunch of my family — now I’m realizing this — a lot of them are, like, big UT fans. But it only comes down to my decision at the end. I really don’t have a good idea (right now), because I’ve only been on two visits to Vandy and UT, so I’m not going to just make my choice be down to those because those are my only two visits.

“I’m not going to say my mom’s really big on Vandy,” Phillips said. “She went to Vandy. But it’s just my decision, really. I mean, she’s going to help me through the process with it — her and my dad or whatever — but she’s really not leaning toward any (school). She’s not going to force me to go to Vandy or push hard toward Vandy. She’s going to make sure what’s the best for me come the end.
“Even though she likes Vandy and she went there, that might not be the best for me, so she’s open, just like me, to any school. It’s just what fits me, what I’m going to be happy with, because that’s a life-changing decision — going to college — so what school’s the right school for me?
“Me and her, everybody in my family, is just open to anything. They want me to be happy wherever I am.”

Good news.

Reactions: 9 people

Good news.

She’s not going to force me to go to Vandy or push hard toward Vandy. She’s going to make sure what’s the best for me come the end.

This is very good. A lot of people seemed worried because his mom went to Vandy.

One of Tennessee's top defensive line targets in the class of 2015 was recently on campus as instate standout Kyle Phillips visited Tennessee last week to see what the Vols were all about.

"My mom's family lives in Chattanooga and we were there and since it's only an hour and half away we decided to go up there," Phillips said. "We toured the campus, looked at the facilities, the academic center and I actually ran into some players working out, too."

"They were very honest with me about everything," Phillips explained. "They are really rebuilding but you can see improvement, especially with academics and athletics. Great recruiting class and the GPAs went up this past semester tremendously. The facilities were great because I didn't know what to expect coming in there."

"Even though they're at the bottom (of the SEC in APR) you can see improvements. I don't think I would've liked it if it was just bad," Phillips explained. "But, they went form a 2.1 to a 2.8 in just a semester and I could see the improvement between this coaching staff and the last coaching staff. They're not just about football, they're about graduating as well and that's big."

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
he would look awesome in Orange and White every Saturday and he is very much a highly needed player

VN Store

Back