'15 SC QB Kelly Bryant

No he’s transferring because he lost his job to a once in a generation QB who will be the number one pick in the 2021 draft. He decided that he wanted to keep playing and his coach did him a solid by letting him know in time for him to keep a year of eligibility. He previously led his team to a college playoff game and could have absolutely gotten his team off the field Saturday night without committing 6 turnovers. His transferring has absolutely zero reflection on whether he could help us.

He's serviceable at best. Hell with the rest of Clemson team, I could start for them and win their remaining games. He lost his job because of his lack of ability to make the defenses and coordinators back the hell off the line and guard against a deep throw. He CANNOT throw a deep pass and Clemson strength on offense is their receivers. If you can't stretch the field then their running game sucks. This will get them killed in the finals with a deep threat. TL gives them that, and KB does not. Ga Tech Bryant scored 7 pts midway through the 2nd quarter. TL comes in and it's 28-7 by halftime. He got beat out because he's really not that good!

I told my son in law who is a huge Clemson fan, that TL would be Clemson starter by Ga Tech. I missed it by 1 game.

I live in Greenville, SC for 40 yrs and have to listen to these Clemson pukes daily. I know their program really well, met Dabo many times at his camps when my sons and nephew attended. I know it, live it and follow it almost as much as UT.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Brandon Doughty at WKU led the entire NCAA in TDs two years in a row under Tyson
Sam Darnold was the 3rd pick in the NFL draft under Tyson
JG has had his career resurrected under Tyson, at the very least he has been MUCH better this year than under Butch's guys.

He is not perfect in any way but cmon, he is clearly good at developing QBs

Clearly you're missing the fact that he coached under 2 OCs. Both Brohm and his brother were career proven OCs and Qb coaches. Also at USC he was sharing a 3 way load with Clay, Tee, and himself. So much of this credit he has gotten might be quite premature. The real issue in which you can't tell is OL which gets whooped and your best player is out of position so we won't ever be able to get a real read on him until that gets fixed.

He’s better than Fitz. Fitz is awful
Lol. Ok. You know Fitz has accounted for 91 touchdowns and 9000 yards right? He’ll end up in the college football hall of fame. Not a great passer, but phenomenal football player who is among the all-time greats in rushing with 3,325 yards and 42 TDs.

Lol. Ok. You know Fitz has accounted for 91 touchdowns and 9000 yards right? He’ll end up in the college football hall of fame. Not a great passer, but phenomenal football player who is among the all-time greats in rushing with 3,325 yards and 42 TDs.

This year Fitz is completing 50.8% of his passes and has 10TDs to 7INTs while averaging 150yds a game.

He can’t throw the football with any accuracy. It’s the reason MSU has struggled with the roster they have.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
This year Fitz is completing 50.8% of his passes and has 10TDs to 7INTs while averaging 150yds a game.

He can’t throw the football with any accuracy. It’s the reason MSU has struggled with the roster they have.
They are struggling because Moorhead is stubborn like Butch trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Fitz is the peg. He’s not a pro style pocket passing quarterback. You are only considering his ability as a passer, which isn’t his strength. He’s a read option guy with filthy numbers when you look at everything, including rushing

They are struggling because Moorhead is stubborn like Butch trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Fitz is the peg. He’s not a pro style pocket passing quarterback. You are only considering his ability as a passer, which isn’t his strength. He’s a read option guy with filthy numbers when you look at everything, including rushing

Yes I do put great value in a QBs ability to pass the ball forward when forming an opinion.

He has great rushing numbers, as a passer he has been just awful.

His SEC game stats are brutal. Worst in the SEC.

I have a good friend who is a MSU alum. He said Moorhead did adjust his scheme/calls because Fitzgerald was not getting it done in the passing game. He realized after a loss or two that he just needed to put Fitzgerald in better running options. At some point, your QB does have to make some throws to keep good defenses honest. They have essentially lost to the top 3 defenses on their schedule (or at least 3 of 4).

Back to the comparison, I don't think Bryant is as good of a runner but is a better passer.

VN Store

Back