'15 SC QB Kelly Bryant

Brandon Doughty at WKU led the entire NCAA in TDs two years in a row under Tyson
Sam Darnold was the 3rd pick in the NFL draft under Tyson
JG has had his career resurrected under Tyson, at the very least he has been MUCH better this year than under Butch's guys.

He is not perfect in any way but cmon, he is clearly good at developing QBs
Just wish he’d also get better at calling plays

Reactions: k-town_king
Kelly Bryant is leaving Clemson after starting 18 games because Trevor Lawrence is replacing him. Why cant we go after him. He has 1 year to play but might be a good addition.

Why would he come to a rebuild for his last year of eligibility? I would think he would find a place that is a quarterback away from competing. We are definitely not that.

Reactions: k-town_king
Brandon Doughty at WKU led the entire NCAA in TDs two years in a row under Tyson
Sam Darnold was the 3rd pick in the NFL draft under Tyson
JG has had his career resurrected under Tyson, at the very least he has been MUCH better this year than under Butch's guys.

He is not perfect in any way but cmon, he is clearly good at developing QBs
Not to sure about this.
-Brandon Doughty - Could certainly argue that Brohm had more to do with his development than Helton. Would honestly need to research this more.
-Darnold - Watched Darnold play at USC quite a bit. I don't think Darnold improved much if at all from his Freshman to Junior years. Came in looking like a stud and actually looked like he regressed by the time he was drafted.
- JG - What in the world have you seen thus far that shows JG's career has been resurrected?
I'm not saying Helton is the wrong guy, but the points you provided certainly don't show he is a sure bet from a QB development standpoint. I'll give him a pass on playcalling up to this point.

Our last 10 years crappy luck, pretty much dictates that he will end up in Starkville or Gainesville.

They got traded to the Asians

tenor.gif

Kelly Bryant is leaving Clemson after starting 18 games because Trevor Lawrence is replacing him. Why cant we go after him. He has 1 year to play but might be a good addition.

Really? After getting JG beat up all year learning a new offense, let's cast JG aside so we can bring in a new guy, no better, for one year. Are you really serious, Clark?

Reactions: MiramarVol
Not to sure about this.
-Brandon Doughty - Could certainly argue that Brohm had more to do with his development than Helton. Would honestly need to research this more.
-Darnold - Watched Darnold play at USC quite a bit. I don't think Darnold improved much if at all from his Freshman to Junior years. Came in looking like a stud and actually looked like he regressed by the time he was drafted.
- JG - What in the world have you seen thus far that shows JG's career has been resurrected?
I'm not saying Helton is the wrong guy, but the points you provided certainly don't show he is a sure bet from a QB development standpoint. I'll give him a pass on playcalling up to this point.
Disagree on Darnold. He had a rather pedestrian offer list and was a 3* QB for much of the recruiting process until the SC offer and commitment came through. He redshirted at SC and didn’t even start until the 4th game of his second season when he finally replaced Max Browne. Helton helped turn him into the 3rd overall pick in less than 2 full seasons as a starter.

He's transferring out of Clemson during his senior year because his feelings are hurt that he couldn't beat out a true freshman Trevor Lawrence for the job this weekend.

Great young man but no thanks!

o_O

No he’s transferring because he lost his job to a once in a generation QB who will be the number one pick in the 2021 draft. He decided that he wanted to keep playing and his coach did him a solid by letting him know in time for him to keep a year of eligibility. He previously led his team to a college playoff game and could have absolutely gotten his team off the field Saturday night without committing 6 turnovers. His transferring has absolutely zero reflection on whether he could help us.

No he’s transferring because he lost his job to a once in a generation QB who will be the number one pick in the 2021 draft. He decided that he wanted to keep playing and his coach did him a solid by letting him know in time for him to keep a year of eligibility. He previously led his team to a college playoff game and could have absolutely gotten his team off the field Saturday night without committing 6 turnovers. His transferring has absolutely zero reflection on whether he could help us.
Once in a generation! Wow after 4 games he is the second coming huh! Let’s wait and see how this works out before we ordain him. Good but once in generation is a little over the top at the moment.

I don't think we can judge Helton's playcalling until the offensive line starts blocking. Because without blocking, there aren't many play calls that work.
We can judge it because you can still throw on 1st and 2nd downs no matter what the blocking is like. Some quick slants, short posts, bubble screens, wheel routes. Hell, run the wild cat. Mix the play calling up though. The predictability of the play calling is ridiculous.

Manning, Luck, Eason, Lawrence, Manziel, Newton, Tebow, Detmer, Ware, Marino, Elway, Young. How many once in a generation QBs are there going to be in a generation?

VN Store

Back