'15 PA QB Alex Hornibrook

Just a thought:

One of the most interesting and exciting things we've learned, so far, about Coach Butch Jones is that he seems to really love to find the under-the-radar guys that he can develop---something he did successfully at Cincinnati. And we will soon find out if he can do the same here in brutal SEC.

Yes, he still goes after the big-name guys, and gets his share of them, but he seems to trust his and his coaches' evaluation process far more than he does the hype generated by the big recruiting services.

Yes, a lot of the guys in the 2014 class did have the hype, but look at how many made us stop and say, "What? Who is that guy?" If even half of those pan out, we are probably looking at some very bright days ahead in VolNation.

So, personally, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the quarterback(s) we sign this year fall into that category. Not necessarily saying it is going to be Hornibrook, but I have a hunch CBJ can find the right guy(s) even if nobody else currently thinks they are.

There have to be several out there who are stuck in the same sort of low-visibility situation as Hornibrook. Go get 'em Butch!

1551312085720.gif

That happens because JG isn't all that great of a quarterback:rolleyes:

You may be not be wrong, but I promise Hornibrook behind our line & with our schedule would be much worse.

I follow Wisconsin fairly closely, my family is 90% UW alums. This guy is very very limited. He had the best line & best back in the country and still went 7-5 in the weakest division in P5 and lost his job.

Hard pass. Dont waste a scholly on any grad transfers. schollies are at such a premium, if i understand...we need em all.

until we get a bona fide, elite 11 who has ir upstairs, we'll continue to be Vandy's byotch.

Chaney will help but...from what ive witnessed JG may not be the guy to get us to promised land. (Bluebonnet Bowl).

Just a thought:

One of the most interesting and exciting things we've learned, so far, about Coach Butch Jones is that he seems to really love to find the under-the-radar guys that he can develop---something he did successfully at Cincinnati. And we will soon find out if he can do the same here in brutal SEC.

Yes, he still goes after the big-name guys, and gets his share of them, but he seems to trust his and his coaches' evaluation process far more than he does the hype generated by the big recruiting services.

Yes, a lot of the guys in the 2014 class did have the hype, but look at how many made us stop and say, "What? Who is that guy?" If even half of those pan out, we are probably looking at some very bright days ahead in VolNation.

So, personally, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the quarterback(s) we sign this year fall into that category. Not necessarily saying it is going to be Hornibrook, but I have a hunch CBJ can find the right guy(s) even if nobody else currently thinks they are.

There have to be several out there who are stuck in the same sort of low-visibility situation as Hornibrook. Go get 'em Butch!

wine.jpg

Reactions: 901LookAlive

VN Store

Back