12-year-old prodigy banned from playing vs. boys; says Candace is her favorite player

ukvols

Jamie Nard, 12, was playing against boys until parents complained, and the league forced her back to the girls' division.

Yahoo!

She is from Oregon but says Candace Parker is one of her two favorite players. The story includes a video message from Parker to Nard, and they gave her a Parker jersey. We may have the inside track at landing her! I suppose she'll be in the Class of 2014. :eek:lol:

Considering the Lady Vols are, have, and will continue to be the premier women's basketball program, as long as this girl fleshes out through high school I'm sure we'll have a good shot. Although it would be funny to pull a "Kentucky."

Considering the Lady Vols are, have, and will continue to be the premier women's basketball program, as long as this girl fleshes out through high school I'm sure we'll have a good shot. Although it would be funny to pull a "Kentucky."

:eek:lol: I don't think Summitt will ever be desperate enough to take risky commitments like that. I'm sure she could get the #1 8th and 9th graders if she wanted to, but waiting until they've played a few years of high school ball seems to be working just fine.

Good story. A six foot tall 12 year old girl. That is crazy. She won a game 90-12!

VN Store

Back