'12 LA LB Otha Peters (Arky signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has the right to change their minds? What if he had been committed to another teams for 6 months and then decided to commit to y'all? Would you still be bashing him then?

Read what Jason Croom's mom posted. He's getting hoodwinked by the Arky staff.

We're 11-3 versus Arky since beating them in the 1990 Cotton Bowl.

We're the team with history tradition and a huge NFL stock of players.

They're the team with the coach and fans who looks absolutely ignorant with the 'whoo pig suey' cheer.

We shouldn't be losing a non-Arky player to Arkansas. It's not the Mayan prediction coming true, but it's almost as ridiculous.

I try to stay away from recruiting but as of right now Peters will be a Vol according to schedule. Momma was pissed about the Arky decision and UT players have been giving him an ear full all night.

Of course you all know how recruiting goes and it can change within the hour.

Thanks for the info, Zas. Hope you're right.

I never said that it represented the majority of fans. But the same ones who were singing his praise are now bashing him. What kind of sense does that make? I understand we have the freedom of speech but people should be more careful in what they say.

As a whole, Volnation LOVES Otha. Without a doubt.

When a kid switches his commitment the day before signing day SOME people turn into immature 12 year olds and start spewing all the curse words and put downs they've ever heard.

I'll be watching Otha play no matter where he goes bc i live in Arkansas, but my heart lies with Tennessee, and i believe Otha's truly does too. Please don't judge us by the INSANE posters on here that should be banned for what they post (mods...).

check out the love he is getting on twitter!! Search for the trend #OthaVFL

Reactions: 3 people
Sir, I totally agree that no one has the right to bash Ortha. That being said, (and I dont know what kind of business you're in) if you had a huge set back in business after six months of time and money invested you would probably be a little put out. Probably even more so if it happened during a time frame that prevented you from exploring other options to prevent your loss. I dont know if you are aware, but the average cost to a University for ONE player on a 4 year scholarship is north of 250,000 dollars. We wish Ortha nothing but the best, but people can be a little touchy this close to Signing Day. We take a lot of pride in our University and a lot of people on here donate money.

Okay, I'm not sir. I completely understand where you are coming from, and I can see people are extremely touchy right now. It just irks me to see so much negativity. Who knows what tomorrow will bring though, you may be surprise or may be upset.

Someone on here said Otha's silence is intriguing... My cousin has always been a quiet person. When the time is right, you will HEAR him though.

Reactions: 1 person
This young man is a beast. I want him in orange.

Just noticed a post from someone claiming to be his cousin. If you are his cousin, two things I'd like to point out to you: 1) Not every poster is slamming Otha. I wish him the best no matter what he chooses, but I want him at UT, 2) Most people are feeling butthurt because Otha publicly expressed yesterday he was VFL and now has suddenly changed his mind. A question as to point number two, why offer that affirmation if he had doubts? If someone told you one thing one day, and totally flipped the next, wouldn't you be a little irritated? I don't endorse anyone bashing Otha, but I certainly understand Otha brought some of it upon himself. At seventeen, he's not a "kid" anymore, he's a young man. Young men are held accountable for their actions and decisions. I'm sorry if anything said on this board hurts his feelings, but he's far from innocent in this. I know he's making a tough decision, but that does not absolve him of responsibility. Whatever he decides, I hope he learns from this and grows from it. Instead of deflecting things back at the fans, I hope he owns his responsibility in this as well. Not making excuses for those fans who have overstepped their bounds, but let's be fair to both sides. Good luck to Otha. Hope he has a good career wherever he ends up, but if he's playing against us, I hope he has a bad game.

Okay, I'm not sir. I completely understand where you are coming from, and I can see people are extremely touchy right now. It just irks me to see so much negativity. Who knows what tomorrow will bring though, you may be surprise or may be upset.

Someone on here said Otha's silence is intriguing... My cousin has always been a quiet person. When the time is right, you will HEAR him though.

If you don't like negativity...stay away from the Arkansas fans tomorrow when Otha announces for the Vols.

Thanks for speaking up ma'am. Once you get to know your way around here you might enjoy it. Hope Otha gives you a reason to stay.

Your post, like the User name is very interesting..

If it will help you understand just go back and read the last 7+ months of posts in this thread. It has been nothing but love and appreciation to Otha for choosing the Vols. It's hard for an "outsider" to understand but we are a very passionate (to a fault) fanbase and right now most of us feel like we just caught our wife cheating on us.

I hope Otha makes what I think is the best choice for him and picks UT but if he doesn't then good luck to him except when he plays against UT. Also Otha#1Fan don't let these people get to you it's only a SMALL part of the fan base, we would love to have Otha.

Welcome to VN! :hi:

We're passionate about football. It takes a little time to accept it, and while some of us can be tough on the coaches, it's rare that anyone here takes their frustration out on the players.

Hope you stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back