'12 JUCO DE Darrington Sentimore (UT Signee 12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Miller needs to drop some weight and get his explosion back that he had coming into Tennessee. A lot of times this happens with prospects though that are forced to move from their natural position of DE to DT. They just add too much weight and lose their best assets as a defensive lineman. There aren't many plays out there like Malik Jackson that can make the transition back and forth so smoothly.

Ain't dat da truth. it's tough to pack that much weight on a 6'3 guy (Miller) as oppose to a 6'5 guy (Malik) and expect him to move around and be as effective or even really be able to contribute. Plus didn't Miller come in around 227? That's alot of weight to add..

Please, 'splain then, why a staff would ask a HS kid to forgo his last few months of HS and all the memories that go with it...just to enroll early, knowing you plan to sit him for the year?

Makes perfect sense. :loco: ...or maybe not.

Note for the reading comprehension impaired...I said "guess", "would prefer", "if possible". A RS would make a lot of sense in spacing out the eligibility as a lot of what we have on roster + JUCOs will be out of here after 2013.

Reactions: 1 person
True freshmen DTs rarely make an impact.

Agreed Gabe Wright, Tim Jernigan, Desmond Jackson only played the entire season last year? It simply is not true. No statement that a poster "thinks" is factual is true for every recruit. O'Brien looks like he has good size and some serious run stuffing ability so if he plays for us on 1st and possible 2nd downs then let him get playing time all year round. We don't have the luxury to redshirt people in positions of need, YET.

I like how we are recruiting Otis Jacobs his JUCO teammate. That would be pretty cool to land a pair of JUCO teammates.

Agreed Gabe Wright, Tim Jernigan, Desmond Jackson only played the entire season last year? It simply is not true. No statement that a poster "thinks" is factual is true for every recruit. O'Brien looks like he has good size and some serious run stuffing ability so if he plays for us on 1st and possible 2nd downs then let him get playing time all year round. We don't have the luxury to redshirt people in positions of need, YET.

Jernigan made a difference. He's an exception to the rule.

The other two?

Jackson had 5 tackles and 1 sack.

Wright had 11 tackles.

I can't imagine what Texas or Auburn would have done had they redshirted.

Reactions: 1 person
i have no idea but bama would seem strange to me. they kicked him off the team alst year i believe.

That part of the story is kinda fuzzy.

He was released. Supposedly Bama wanted to bring him back, he was iffy on doing that. UT is after him, Im sure with some other schools as well.

Not sure if Bama wants him, or if he wants them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back