'12 JUCO DE Darrington Sentimore (UT Signee 12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the best of all the jucos we are after. Hope he makes the choice soon and bammy stays away, those fvckers.

Patterson might be a bit better, IMO, but ya, this guy is up there; and if we can keep all our other D commits while getting Sentimore and Autry, we will have an amazing D class this go around.

Instead of running with the 1st thing out of the so called experts mouths on TOS, think or better yet research it. Bama is taking 4 DT. Philon, Lake, Ball have committed already. They would kill for Goldman and believe it or not McCullers would probably not be able to commit this weekend if he wanted to. They still are in on Kirven and Tomlinson, who's visiting this weekend. They are not in it for Sentimore. Relax and calm down. It's us and A&M, with UT out front setting the pace. You guys get worked up too easy.

Most of this I will agree with with a few exceptions. It looks like we will take 2 more DTs in this class. A position we are very thin at currently. D Lake and D Ball our recruited as DTs, but D Philon is recruited as a DE and he just had knee surgery last month. Even with those 3 coming in we only have 1 other DT in front of them and that is B Ivory is looked good this season but not ready to be a starter. So that is why McCullers is so high on our boards. We need a DT with experience that can come in and contribute right away. Even someone like Goldman would not see the field next year but redshirt.

We are still looking at 4 DTs. McCullers is a definite take and we will take a commit from him this weekend if he wanted to commit. Goldman would be the other main target, but not on him and he appears to be making an announcement on NSD. The other thing about Goldman is he has mostly played as a DE in a 3-4 in HS this season. The word is now because he can play outside the staff is looking at him as a DE and why we are still recruiting Tomlinson and Kirven.

Tomlinson is visiting this weekend and I like our chances but if we slow play him while waiting on others he will end up at GT, which is still a strong chance without us slow playing him. Kirven until he visits, which is scheduled for Jan, I think our chances are decent at best. VT is the team to beat for him from everything I have read.

Regarding Sentimore UA is not a player whatsoever at this point for him. Everything I have read is he will end up at UT. Also the only reason that ever was confirmed for DS leaving UA to go to JUCO was academics. Everything else is pure speculation. The reason I say that is my understanding that the only reason he has not commited already to UT is CDD and staff are waiting for his grades this semester to see if he will get in. Makes sense if that was the reason he left UA.

Reactions: 2 people
Regarding Sentimore UA is not a player whatsoever at this point for him. Everything I have read is he will end up at UT. Also the only reason that ever was confirmed for DS leaving UA to go to JUCO was academics. Everything else is pure speculation. The reason I say that is my understanding that the only reason he has not commited already to UT is CDD and staff are waiting for his grades this semester to see if he will get in. Makes sense if that was the reason he left UA.

Thanks for the info TW.

Always like your info!

Appreciate this much Tide

Thanks for the info. :hi:

Why not take the commitment and then drop him if he doesn't take care of business in the classroom? I don't see why the grades would keep us from taking his commitment.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Why not take the commitment and then drop him if he doesn't take care of business in the classroom? I don't see why the grades would keep us from taking his commitment.

Limited spots. We don't want to be tied to Sentimore if he can't get in and have to tell another good player we don't have the room to sign him.

Reactions: 2 people
Limited spots. We don't want to be tied to Sentimore if he can't get in and have to tell another good player we don't have the room to sign him.

We would know before Christmas and have plenty of time to fill his spot.

Well, isn't it really the same thing either way?

We'll know by Christmas if he's coming here or not.

Maybe but saying grades are the reason he hasn't committed doesn't add up. The staff would want it out there for a number of reasons if he was willing to make it public IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Nope because the new SEC 25 signing rule starts Dec 1 for the next class now. If he signs and does not qualify he still counts against the class. So why risk it and not wait until next week. The new rule penalizes teams for the sign and place practice. If grades are the issue you wait and see.

Nope because the new SEC 25 signing rule starts Dec 1 for the next class now. If he signs and does not qualify he still counts against the class. So why risk it and not wait until next week. The new rule penalizes teams for the sign and place practice. If grades are the issue you wait and see.

Yeah, I thought that was the new NCAA rule. That could really bite some teams hard.

I am not suggesting sign him before the grades are settled. I am saying take the commitment and drop him if grades aren't there before he signs. I don't see how the grades and taking his commitment are connected.

New scout article out via poster midfielder, he essentially has decommitted and will be looking at all schools.

The Nutt rule ???

I am not suggesting sign him before the grades are settled. I am saying take the commitment and drop him if grades aren't there before he signs. I don't see how the grades and taking his commitment are connected.

Taking his commitment could force someone else the staff is looking at as maybe a backup to go elsewhere. Alot of players will be commiting over the next 4 weeks. And alot of those are in a holding pattern.

What happens if the staff takes Sentimore's commitment, and their backup choice goes ahead and commits elsewhere. Two weeks from now Sentimore gets his grades and did not pass and cannot enroll. Now UT has lost out on both players. What do they do?

Again I am only assuming grades, but at this point that is the only thing we know that has been reported as to why he left UA. If there was something serior regarding off the field issues I doubt very seriouly CDD would be recruiting Sentimore and I am sure Saban would have already told him of the issues. Again just my opinion.

Taking his commitment could force someone else the staff is looking at as maybe a backup to go elsewhere. Alot of players will be commiting over the next 4 weeks. And alot of those are in a holding pattern.

What happens if the staff takes Sentimore's commitment, and their backup choice goes ahead and commits elsewhere. Two weeks from now Sentimore gets his grades and did not pass and cannot enroll. Now UT has lost out on both players. What do they do?

Again I am only assuming grades, but at this point that is the only thing we know that has been reported as to why he left UA. If there was something serior regarding off the field issues I doubt very seriouly CDD would be recruiting Sentimore and I am sure Saban would have already told him of the issues. Again just my opinion.

Point well made. I appreciate your info. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back