'12 CA OL Matt Cochran (Cal commit)

He didnt take his committment when he tried to commit, cause he didnt want him flipping to Cal or someone else later.

Dooley really wants kids to make sure they commit and dont change it up as we saw recently with the Juco's.

Was it OCI that said that Cochran tried to commit on his visit? No offense to OCI, but the first reason that comes to mind as to why we didn't take his commitment is really simple. I would guess that he didn't try to commit. That would make more sense than Dooley supposedly not accepting it. JMO though.

Was it OCI that said that Cochran tried to commit on his visit? No offense to OCI, but the first reason that comes to mind as to why we didn't take his commitment is really simple. I would guess that he didn't try to commit. That would make more sense than Dooley supposedly not accepting it. JMO though.

You have no backbone to that statement. Complete nonsense.

Is it really any less credible of an option than Dooley turning down the commitment of Cochran that's been reported by exactly 1 person? Color me skeptical.

Someone who is believed to have "inside sources" or someone who isnt and makes up a story just to make sense in his/her own mind. Hmmm decisions. It's nonsense to blindly speculate. I'll believe OCI over you. No offense.

Very bad decision, if that was the case
Not really shocking though. It will be a huge fail not to get 1 OL, ANY recruiting cycle.

I'm not a fan of overlooking any high quality lineman that wants to sign with Tennessee... Poole was not the best back in the SEC, but if we had better o-line this year he could have at least kept the Defense honest.... again JMO

I'm not a fan of overlooking any high quality lineman that wants to sign with Tennessee... Poole was not the best back in the SEC, but if we had better o-line this year he could have at least kept the Defense honest.... again JMO

It's amazing how much criticism is placed on our offensive line. No one considers how the offensive coaches changed the blocking schemes for passing prior to the season. After the injuries, we franctically changed gears to a more run focussed style which meant relearning new schemes. These kids are freshman and sophomores who didn't allow many sacks and considering their inexperience, lack of depth, and matchups against some top ranked teams, they did better than could be expected.

C'mon folks. Let's not demonize CDD or get into a blame game. Let's call this past season for what it really is...TN is still rebuilding and while we are getting better, we are still not at that level we want. Give it time and let the coaches do their job.

We don't know if that is the case or not. Just because Peter Post-A-Lot says so, doesn't mean that's how it went down.

It sure seems to me your on here just about every night but you want to spew those insults about to many post! If you have been here every night surly you have read that we wouldn't take his commitment on his visit. I can't believe that with your great understanding of this board that you missed that. I know you are the end all be all in recruiting but surely you read what I read. It appears to me we didnt take this kids commitment and for now I am glad we have the spot open for more needed players but I am sure you know better.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Someone who is believed to have "inside sources" or someone who isnt and makes up a story just to make sense in his/her own mind. Hmmm decisions. It's nonsense to blindly speculate. I'll believe OCI over you. No offense.

You must have missed the last week or last few months. OCI is f.o.s.

Reactions: 2 people
If you are going to pile on to OCI, at least get your facts straight. It was skeeter who reported he wanted to commit but the staff asked him to go home and think about it. It is pathetic how many "grown men" on this site pile on anyone who has any information. And it is usually the ones who provide nothing to this site that are the ones who question the posters who actually do provide information to this site.

You literally have to be retarded to believe a word oci says after the "expect quite a few coaching changes very soon" and the three...then two..then three amigos. Then awesome...I mean EDIT: bad...juco signing day. But believe what you want. He's never called any commits ahead of time or the day of like skeeter. He's a dude with a scout and or rivals account.

Reactions: 5 people
It's interesting that you call people that listen to OCI as retarded yet you were the one who posted LWS said Sentimore would not answer the staff's phone calls on signing day. What insider information does LWS have? Does this make you a retard for following LWS?

LWS' posts are solid. He doesn't post garbage. He clearly has some sort of connection and yet he doesn't post prediction threads for recruits or anything like that.

Reactions: 1 person
You literally have to be retarded to believe a word oci says after the "expect quite a few coaching changes very soon" and the three...then two..then three amigos. Then awesome...I mean EDIT: bad...juco signing day. But believe what you want. He's never called any commits ahead of time or the day of like skeeter. He's a dude with a scout and or rivals account.

Never thought I'd say it, but I agree with u.. I really wanted to believe but after a while, u gotta decide for yourself who is being real even though it may not be popular

Reactions: 3 people
IMO the recruitment of Cochran is a waste of a schollie unless they play to convert him to another position. We already have Bullard and Crowder, with both Gooch and Stone as back-ups in a pinch. A center needs some good mobility, which I just do not see in him. It would be an insult to Crowder since they were rated about the same coming out of HS and with him being an orange blooded TN boy. But I guess CDD has made dumber moves. I would use all available schollies on DT, RB, DE, and WR in that order.

IMO the recruitment of Cochran is a waste of a schollie unless they play to convert him to another position. We already have Bullard and Crowder, with both Gooch and Stone as back-ups in a pinch. A center needs some good mobility, which I just do not see in him. It would be an insult to Crowder since they were rated about the same coming out of HS and with him being an orange blooded TN boy. But I guess CDD has made dumber moves. I would use all available schollies on DT, RB, DE, and WR in that order.

Not offering a kid because of what you said would be the dumb move.

Reactions: 3 people
This kid is a hoss. He has us in his top 2 with Cal so I can't see why we wouldn't be chasing him. A team can never have too many good offensive linemen - he will be a road grader in 2 years. Our current crop has not proven to be stellar, so why not get this kid to commit? Bet he would be starting half way through 2012.

Let me guess you are either Cochran's handler or work in the Cal athletic department. GTFO with that nonsense.

No, I'm not Cochran's handler (he doesn't have one) and I don't work in the Cal athletic department. His high school coach posts on the Cal message board (He's a former Cal player)

VN Store

Back