12-6 with 13 games to play.......

If we can somehow finish 7-6, does 19-12 get us in the Big Dance? I think it does. I know we're struggling, and there's going to be games going forward where it may get ugly, but I sure am enjoying watching the effort our guys are playing with and the improvement they're making each game.
I think .500 or better in the league gets us into the tournament. I agree, it is enjoyable watching the team learn and improve

I suspect the SOS will be top 25 at the end of the year. We still have to play 8 games against KenPom top 35 and 10 against top 50.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I think 18-13 is probably good enough, of course that’s hard to predict not knowing the bubble but given years past I think that probably works. The last 5 are brutal, 1-4 might be an accomplishment, gotta try and stack up as many wins over the next 4 weeks as we can.

If we can somehow finish 7-6, does 19-12 get us in the Big Dance? I think it does. I know we're struggling, and there's going to be games going forward where it may get ugly, but I sure am enjoying watching the effort our guys are playing with and the improvement they're making each game.

Depends on the tournament.

First round loss and I’d say no.
Second round loss I’d say maybe.
Win two and I’d say certainly.

Get to 18-19 wins and win 2 in tournament and their in.....I think.

This also depends on where Tennessee is in the SEC tournament. A bye or double bye changes things......a first round loss to say....A&M....their out (if at 18-19 wins).

With a bye and a decent win, Tennessee could be ok losing their second game if it were to a good team.

19 wins should get us in, but getting to 19 is gonna be tough.

We have tough home games left, UF, UK, AU and Arky. Need to win 6 out of 7 of the home games we have left which is gonna tough.

Thatd leave getting 1 on the road. Miss St or USCe might be our best chance there.

This team has been too inconsistent to feel good about pulling it off.

IDK. The conference is horrible overall this year. .500 in conference MAY not give us enough quality wins for 19 to get us in. Maybe if we can win 1 in the SEC tourney to get us to 20. 21 I think we would be in comfortably with our schedule.

it definitely helps (although it shouldnt) that our head coach is Rick Barnes. That will win us some tie breakers, along with those early season wins. I would be much more comfortable with 8-5 and 20 wins. at 19-12, we would still have the SEC tourney too, right? An early round bounce from there would hurt, but if we made it to Saturday, we would be likely be in

I think we get 8 more wins in the regular season (Kansas & 7 Conference Wins) If we are 20-11 & 11-7 in conference we will get in the tourney probably a 7-10 seed.... we will also at least get a first round bye in the SEC Tourney.

At 19-13 (assuming first round loss in the sec tournament or), I feel reasonably okay. Less than 19 wins I don't feel great about.

Reactions: cncchris33
I think 18-13 is probably good enough, of course that’s hard to predict not knowing the bubble but given years past I think that probably works. The last 5 are brutal, 1-4 might be an accomplishment, gotta try and stack up as many wins over the next 4 weeks as we can.

18 wins is absolutely in. The Media loves UT's Diversity factor. Something else to talk about.

Most definitely. 7 wins against the rest of our schedule will yield some good wins and most likely, no bad losses.

So obviously the goal is simply to be able to say we made it to the NCAA tourney? I see no mention or even concern how wed do if we did. That's fine I guess. Given its a down year for us making the tourney would be enough to call it a success. I get it.

I think we get 8 more wins in the regular season (Kansas & 7 Conference Wins) If we are 20-11 & 11-7 in conference we will get in the tourney probably a 7-10 seed.... we will also at least get a first round bye in the SEC Tourney.
Do you really think we are winning at Allen Fieldhouse? Dang, I love your confidence.

So obviously the goal is simply to be able to say we made it to the NCAA tourney? I see no mention or even concern how wed do if we did. That's fine I guess. Given its a down year for us making the tourney would be enough to call it a success. I get it.

If TN makes the NCAAT then the first game will either be a winnable First 8 round opponent or likely versus a 4, 5, 6, or 7 seed. We'll sort all of that out with our posts in about a month and a half from now.

If TN makes the NCAAT then the first game will either be a winnable First 8 round opponent or likely versus a 4, 5, 6, or 7 seed. We'll sort all of that out with our posts in about a month and a half from now.

It definitely won’t be against a 4, and very likely not against a 5.

what happened in the sec tourney wouldn’t remotely matter if this team
Wins 20
20 wins is no longer a guarantee to get into the tourney, the Vols BPI this year is not good currently at 43 with a Strength of Schedule of 71, they cannot afford to lose to anyone that is ranked lower than them, and if they do with 20 wins, it could hold them out of tourney.....

VN Store

Back