102,455 for BYU

I just laugh at all these people who are calling for a boycott and to empty neyland. You are delusional.

You want improvement and progress, but would do something that could “potentially” set the program back even further. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Reactions: feathersax
Empty Neyland-the AD really does not care, as long as the tickets have been sold, they could care less if you come or not. Those that have "given up" on UT Football, will find a reason to buy their season tickets again next year. If you fail to sign up, you will not get good seats in the future. The game day activities and social interaction is far more important to many than the actual game, win lose or draw, they enjoy the tailgating, the trip own the pike, seeing their friends, Vol Navy, etc., for Many, it is not about Football, but rather, the activities. When ticket sales really start to plummet, the AD will be forced to make some hard choices, just saying...

Paid $125 per ticket for 4, just sold those same tix for $50 each. I took a lose and that’s just fine. I never have any intentions in ever setting foot in Neyland Stadium again
You sir, are a man of principle! Not many like you any more. God Bless.

Last edited:
I know I will catch "you know what" from some of you guys, but understand I am a season ticket holder and I am as disappointed as anyone. The effort seemed to be as disappointing as anything to me. I understand the frustration, anger, and disappointment, is a byproduct of passion. However, I have to wonder what effect the negativity from Volnation (as a whole, not this forum) has on recruits and of course the pundits love it. Yes, the recruits take noticed of possible immediate playing time, etc., but the Twitter blast, message boards, half filled stadium, etc., how does that fair with them? And again, the pundits love to hate us. I am going to the BYU game and have been looking forward to it for months now being that it is a night game on ESPN with a national audience. BYU will have a lot of fans. Personally I would love to see a near sell out, and to show the national audience, the players, and the coaches we are true fans that will continue to stand by our team regardless of the first game disappointment. I believe they will play better (hard to play worse) and I think a great crowd with a win would go a long way in the locker room and change the perception of TN fans nationally.
Only thing hurting recruiting is losing to GAst.

I just laugh at all these people who are calling for a boycott and to empty neyland. You are delusional.

You want improvement and progress, but would do something that could “potentially” set the program back even further. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Fans are customers, and customers vote with their wallets. If you don’t like the product on the field, don’t buy it. If enough people do that I guarantee the AD will do something. But bitching about change while continuing to buy tickets sends a mixed message. If you will pay to watch garbage they will happily oblige you.

The passion of this fan base is unbelievable and I love it this is a torch that will never burn out don’t care what some of you guys say we may lose some and we will gain some(fans)regardless of those running the program.We are the Browns 5+ yrs ago right now this brand never has died and never will die it is impossible to crush it out. To all those ready to jump ship good luck..UT football is permanent..once it has entered the blood..

Wondering .. Just how much further back it could be set ....... :confused:

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
If I had already paid for season tickets, I would absolutely be in my seat at kickoff vs BYU.
I would stay until BYU puts any chance of a Vol win out of reach.

I'll be there with my 3 boys, am I happy? No! Am I tired of this? Yes! But when I ask my kids if they still want to go and they yes, then I'm going to spend as much time with them as possible because tomorrow is not guaranteed. I'll always be a diehard fan win or lose but some things are more important than football, so I'll go as I have many times and enjoy the day, return home the day after and continue life.

The only thing fans are doing to hurt this program is accepting mediocrity then telling the rest of us that we aren't real fans because we don't think 6-6 is good enough.

Reactions: JoAllan
Remember when people gave up on Dooley in his final season? We had 102,455 for Alabama (probably 85k Vols though) but were solidly in the low-to-mid 80ks for the remaining home games. When people gave up on Butch in his final year/after he was fired, a similar thing happened but it was not as dramatic - there was 102,455 for Georgia (probably 80-85k Vols) but we were in the mid 80s-mid 90s for the remaining home games. These were late season games and fans gave up after 3 years or 5 years.

The paid attendance for Saturday's game, Pruitt's season opener in year 2 (not a late season game in year 3 or year 5) was 85,503. Real apathy is here folks. I know it was Georgia St, it was hot, etc., but this was a season opener. We're beyond "it's going to happen if we don't get better." It's here right now. Pruitt's home opener in similar conditions last year brought in 96,464. But there were signs last year too. Not a single game sold out, not even Florida or Alabama where we would have had help from visiting fans. There was only 97k for Alabama, 100,027 for Florida.

Remember when people gave up on Dooley in his final season? We had 102,455 for Alabama (probably 85k Vols though) but were solidly in the low-to-mid 80ks for the remaining home games. When people gave up on Butch in his final year/after he was fired, a similar thing happened but it was not as dramatic - there was 102,455 for Georgia (probably 80-85k Vols) but we were in the mid 80s-mid 90s for the remaining home games. These were late season games and fans gave up after 3 years or 5 years.

The paid attendance for Saturday's game, Pruitt's season opener in year 2 (not a late season game in year 3 or year 5) was 85,503. Real apathy is here folks. I know it was Georgia St, it was hot, etc., but this was a season opener. We're beyond "it's going to happen if we don't get better." It's here right now. Pruitt's home opener in similar conditions last year brought in 96,464. But there were signs last year too. Not a single game sold out, not even Florida or Alabama where we would have had help from visiting fans. There was only 97k for Alabama, 100,027 for Florida.
They're tired of having to google search the coach they just hired. Even the talking heads said it. Butch Jones used up what little get on board rah rah stuff that was left. It's just been too long and less and less people are paying good money to go watch whatever that is now. I don't blame them.

They're tired of having to google search the coach they just hired. Even the talking heads said it. Butch Jones used up what little get on board rah rah stuff that was left. It's just been too long and less and less people are paying good money to go watch whatever that is now. I don't blame them.
They're tired of having a team that doesn't win, or, over the last few games, a team that apparently doesn't care. The admin could hire John Doe off the street but if he won, or at least got the program trending in a positive direction for a while, we'd sell out every game.

You've also got a growing (it's young, but growing) segment of the fanbase that has no personal memory of the football program ever being good. There is a lot of atrophy and apathy out there, and it just gets worse the further we get removed from our last period of good play.

They're tired of having a team that doesn't win, or, over the last few games, a team that apparently doesn't care. The admin could hire John Doe off the street but if he won, or at least got the program trending in a positive direction for a while, we'd sell out every game.

You've also got a growing (it's young, but growing) segment of the fanbase that has no personal memory of the football program ever being good. There is a lot of atrophy and apathy out there, and it just gets worse the further we get removed from our last period of good play.
You'd think the upper brass would realize that and for once get aggressive with a hire. The google search, k-mart blue light special hires haven't panned out.

VN Store

Back