102,455 for BYU

I know the past couple of days I’ve been saying nobody should show up, but let’s be honest. The only way Pruitt can turn this thing around is if he fires the players up, and they come out with a chip on their shoulder Saturday. I believe we should give him our support against BYU, and if the team comes out looking flat again, then I’m fully behind nobody wasting their money after that.

Reactions: Checkerboard_Vol
Do you feel like trying again with a coherent sentence.
Haha, I'll give you that, but you know what I meant, just like you know what I meant with my question, and like now you just wanted to be a smartass.

So this is smart to you?

Boycott the games so we can take money away from the people that need the money to pay 6 million to Butch, the last coach we fired and 6 million to Pruitt, the one we want to fire now, and expect them to go out and fork out another 7-8 million for a coach, which they have never done before and now have less money to do it.

Reactions: Checkerboard_Vol
I understand why people do not want to go...but these kids chose TN because they thought it was special. Through thick and thin I'll support the players regardless of my opinions of the staff or AD. Trust me...NOBODY wanted to lose that game and I guarantee you everyone in the administration/staff is feeling the heat to try and correct the problem. If you don't want to go--then don't. But I'm hoping the people who love their school will show up. It's my alma mater and I'm gracious for any kid that chooses to play here and I'll be there to support them. I like our coach and staff and this is by no means a dagger for my support. We aren't good yet and these kind of upsets have happened to better teams. There's 11 or so more games to play. Let's support these players and evaluate at the end of the season. We'll know by then which direction to go. Firing a coach now is an absolutely horrible idea. What if GA State finishes the season 8-4 or 9-3...or wins their conference? Just because they were 2-10 last year doesn't mean they're going to be bad this year. Just like our B-ball team was picked to finish last in 2017-18 and won the conference. It's too early to give up and we need to be rallying around this program. Firing another coach is not the answer right now especially when most of our fanbase is delusional about really where we are as a program. I know a Jeremy Pruitt is a good football coach and this staff is competent--so let's see how they respond.

Haha, I'll give you that, but you know what I meant, just like you know what I meant with my question, and like now you just wanted to be a smartass.

So this is smart to you?

Boycott the games so we can take money away from the people that need the money to pay 6 million to Butch, the last coach we fired and 6 million to Pruitt, the one we want to fire now, and expect them to go out and fork out another 7-8 million for a coach, which they have never done before and now have less money to do it.

UT is awash in cash and worrying about how the AD is going to buyout bad coaches instead of using the money to hire GOOD ones is why we are in a perpetual death spiral.

Tennessee athletic department revenue and expenses reach new highs

Attachments

• 8b45abeb289e1ac98ab83c4baa194211.jpg
    8b45abeb289e1ac98ab83c4baa194211.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 3
Where's that common sense you were referring to earlier?

What makes you think this time will be any different than the last 3 times? Genius.

Wow.. HENCE why boycotting and other drastic measures need to be considered in the first place. Are you that autistic or just pretending.

the bad lights are actually 25 oz. hooray for 72 cents per shot of beer.
well it’s like 6$ a beer so that’s really not pricey for event beers. Not that I’d pay that for crap domestic rice beer but it’s on par for concerts around here

Well said. It shouldnt be that hard to figure out that money drives this sport as much as anything else. People have been filling the stadium for 15 years and we are still going down that death spiral faster then ever.
Again, I get the passion for boycott. It is an expression of frustration. However, boycotting attendance isn’t going to be the difference maker in this situation. A Neyland attendance boycott hasn’t produced a coaching change yet. Losing has.

People will still go to games...they have been for 7 losing seasons in 15 years. It’s Tennessee.

Wow.. HENCE why boycotting and other drastic measures need to be considered in the first place. Are you that autistic or just pretending.

If they have all this money what makes you think hitting them in the wallet is gonna do? Makes no sense.

Do you really think you can "empty Neyland"? Lol.

Again, I get the passion for boycott. It is an expression of frustration. However, boycotting attendance isn’t going to be the difference maker in this situation. A Neyland attendance boycott hasn’t produced a coaching change yet. Losing has.

People will still go to games...they have been for 7 losing seasons in 15 years. It’s Tennessee.
Its stupid.

Reactions: volmoon
I'll be there like always but I'm not real happy about it, but I'll agree with most on here 60-70,000 if that, will be all that's there. If they keep playing like Saturday most will leave by the half

It’s an evening game. Even with last week’s embarrassment, there will be 90k.

If a fan has already bought the ticket and has already incurred nonrefundable travel expenses (or lives close enough to drive to the game and back), that fan is likely to come. That is a lot of ifs. I don't know how many of those fans there are.

I'd like to know how many new tickets have been bought after Georgia State.

Lol, I'm beginning to think you're a troll, and not a very bright one.

What is that supposed to show me? That you and Neo think that boycotting a restaurant or other customer service businesses is the same as a college football program?

Gtfo, there's no way to argue this without getting even more stupid.

You go rally your little boycott and empty Neyland. Then when Pruitt is fired and the AD goes out and spends 6-10 million dollars and hires a proven experienced HC, and that head coach succeeds to the point where most of us are happy....come find me and I'll say "Okay, I was wrong".

I know I will catch "you know what" from some of you guys, but understand I am a season ticket holder and I am as disappointed as anyone. The effort seemed to be as disappointing as anything to me. I understand the frustration, anger, and disappointment, is a byproduct of passion. However, I have to wonder what effect the negativity from Volnation (as a whole, not this forum) has on recruits and of course the pundits love it. Yes, the recruits take noticed of possible immediate playing time, etc., but the Twitter blast, message boards, half filled stadium, etc., how does that fair with them? And again, the pundits love to hate us. I am going to the BYU game and have been looking forward to it for months now being that it is a night game on ESPN with a national audience. BYU will have a lot of fans. Personally I would love to see a near sell out, and to show the national audience, the players, and the coaches we are true fans that will continue to stand by our team regardless of the first game disappointment. I believe they will play better (hard to play worse) and I think a great crowd with a win would go a long way in the locker room and change the perception of TN fans nationally.

brutal-art-perfect-knockout-punch.jpg

What do you think any customer is hoping to accomplish when they boycott a business?
Hoping yes. In most cases they want to feel like they were an important cog in the change.

A boycott could (it is a hope) get a coach fired.

However, it's not going to guarantee you replace that one with the guy that does it. History in UTs (specifically recent) case is plenty example of that.

I'd bet 85k show up. But no more.

If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the few programs UT has never played before, plus its a night game.
That will always draw a crowd.

BYU has a history of notable quarterbacks go through that program- Max Hall, Steve Young, Jim McMahon etc.

This was supposed to be a "stronger opponent" for week 2 compared to the "cupcake" we just played on Saturday.

The way we showed up last week, I look for a close game in the 4th.

Hoping for a win, but knowing it may be a loss.

VN Store

Back