$100 A Barrel Oil is on the Way

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/pentagon-saudi-aerial-refueling-costs/index.html

The US military is seeking a $331 million reimbursement from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates after discovering it failed to properly charge the Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen for aerial refueling services due to an "accounting error," the Pentagon said Thursday.
While the US decided last month that it would no longer refuel Saudi aircraft conducting strike missions over Yemen, the Pentagon still expects to be compensated for the outstanding costs accrued between March 2015 and November of this year.

The US military is seeking a $331 million reimbursement from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates after discovering it failed to properly charge the Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen for aerial refueling services due to an "accounting error," the Pentagon said Thursday.

That's quite an error.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/pentagon-saudi-aerial-refueling-costs/index.html

While the US decided last month that it would no longer refuel Saudi aircraft conducting strike missions over Yemen, the Pentagon still expects to be compensated for the outstanding costs accrued between March 2015 and November of this year.

Typical of our government. They make a mistake and then come back expect payment.

Interesting thread on Twitter

Is this guy on to something? Have internal combustion engine vehicle sales peaked in China (and California)?

So much for that. Oil price now up almost 20% since Trump took office. California seeing $4 gas for the first time in five years.

Now let’s see , I wonder why Cali gas is $4 a gallon ? Hmmmmm wonder why you didn’t use Texas , Nebraska’s or Virginia’s gas prices today .

Reactions: AM64 and FLVOL69
Now let’s see , I wonder why Cali gas is $4 a gallon ? Hmmmmm wonder why you didn’t use Texas , Nebraska’s or Virginia’s gas prices today .

The point was, it's the highest it's been in several years.

Generally, my view is the president has little impact on oil markets, but when this is the U.S. policy (see also Venezuela), of course it's going to mean higher prices for American consumers.

The point was, it's the highest it's been in several years.

Generally, my view is the president has little impact on oil markets, but when this is the U.S. policy, of course it's going to mean higher prices for American consumers.

If that was true you could have just said it is up 20% under Trump . Cali and their gas taxes are well known to be just stupid high . They hit up fuel every time they need more cash in the system . That’s on them when they pay such a much higher amount than other states .

Reactions: AM64
Our refining capacity is set up to process lower quality crude like what the ME, Russia, China, and Venezuala pump and/or deliver to our ports. But our domestic supply from shale and west Texas is high quality and quantity. It will take a couple of years to switch our refineries over. Prices at the pump probably won't drop.

Reactions: AM64
That's quite an error.
Well, I mean when you're dealing with figures in the hundreds of billions, $331m ain't much. It's like customer at a restaurant running up a $500 bill and the restaurant coming back a day later saying there was a $2 sweet tea they forgot to put on there. $331m is a rounding error.

Well, I mean when you're dealing with figures in the hundreds of billions, $331m ain't much. It's like customer at a restaurant running up a $500 bill and the restaurant coming back a day later saying there was a $2 sweet tea they forgot to put on there. $331m is a rounding error.

It's a rounding error in comparison to the entire defense budget. It's not a rounding error for whoever was billing for the refueling services.

It's a rounding error in comparison to the entire defense budget. It's not a rounding error for whoever was billing for the refueling services.
It's all relative. $331m sounds like a lot of money to someone typing up an invoice at a regular company. That just isn't a large amount of money there, and they know that they'll get whatever money they need/ask for anyway (from me and you). $331m is totally inconsequential.

Somebody preparing a $331m invoice at the DoD is like a small business typing up an invoice for $10, or something like that.

Generally, my view is the president has little impact on oil markets, but when this is the U.S. policy (see also Venezuela), of course it's going to mean higher prices for American consumers.

Is that why you found it necessary to mention Trump specifically in your initial post on the matter?

Reactions: Obsessed and BUBear
I trust exxon is doing what is most profitable for them
Since the 2010 census, Conroe's population has continued to grow. Between 2014 and 2015, Conroe was the sixth fastest growing city in the United States. The following year, the US Census Bureau reported that Conroe was the fastest-growing large city in the United States. It had a 7.8% growth rate between 2015 and 2016.

They ain't hurtin' me none.

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville resort coming to Lake Conroe

Wanna buy some condos?

The Shoreline at Waterpoint

15320 Hwy 105 W Ste 121, Montgomery, TX 77356
(936) 209-3293

The Shoreline at Waterpoint - Google Search

Last edited:

VN Store

Back