"10 Teams that could make a splash on NSD"

Wright is the big one tomorrow. We can fill in some players with Grad Transfers if we need someone at a position. I think other than the line we look really solid. Solomon approved things really looking up on the D Line. Getting Wright the with Morris make the OL look much improved at least potentially.

I'm more interested in development than ranking and I think this staff is capable of that. I know the rankings correspond with championships but if we can get around top 10 classes and make them into a team that plays well it will start feeding itself and higher rankings will follow.

Everyone likes surprises, agree.
But I'm not taking landing a 5 star like Wright for granted because of us being the leader.

I know the national ranking isn't special but it's affected by class numbers and so on. As far as the average recruit ranking for this class - 2019 - 89.88
The last time we averaged higher was 2009.

And that doesn't even factor transfers that were 5 stars - like Gibbs.
And the score for Crouch is his post injury (didn't play) score. He was the number 1 player in the country before sitting.

Don't get me wrong, would love to have a class with Bama's ranking but this class is higher than it appears because of the factors listed above. No spin, those are fairly big factors that don't fall into the ranking. But yes, agree even more would be great.

All things considered, I'm good with where we are at with this class. Of course I'd love to have more, but it is what it is right now. Until we start proving it on the field, we're not going to move the needle on signing day. We are the "ugly girl" at the dance so we are not attracting as many suitors. I get it. But we need to start reversing our fortune with the 2020 class or we are just going to continue to fall further behind.

The main thing that pisses me off with our recruiting and what I want to see change quick, fast, and in a hurry is for us to stop losing so many highly rated in-state recruits. It's flat out embarrassing and unacceptable that in-state kids don't want to play for their state school. We NEED to land these kids consistently! Sure, we're not going to get all of them but the ratio of ones we are getting and ones we are striking out on are not where it needs to be!

We've been acquiring for years. We've even won some life championships. But we won't win actual games until we develop this high school talent into college level talent.
Development is not possible without acquisition. Would you rather intentionally acquire lower quality players to develop on principle?

Development is not possible without acquisition. Would you rather intentionally acquire lower quality players to develop on principle?
No. But what's the point of getting a hard on on NSD if you are going to flop with 4-5 star players? Show me the ability to take a 4 star high school talent and make him look like one on the college field. It's actually worse to get beat by a team with inferior talent. When we get beat by Alabama right now, I just shrug my shoulders. When we get beat by Vandy, I'm looking for a fight.

VN Store

Back