#1 Vanderbilt vs #4 Tennessee (Battle Of The Hot Seat Coaches) Ranking updated

Candy played decent against FL for a half and put up 17 points. I don't trust JG not to give up 17 points.

So this game ends up closer than it should be.

Reactions: MAD and feathersax
I know, but they did play ky better, and my hope is bout gonešŸ˜‚
Hang tough, brother. vandie is scum...living in Nashville, I'm insane with disdain for the commode-doors. STILL cringe from losses to those twits. In any event, a vol loss would be devastating. :rolleyes:

Reactions: MAD
Thereā€™s no denying he shows a lot more energy than droopy dog Pruitt
Yes. For sure. It is almost impossible for any coach to have much success at Candy. I actually think Mason is a darn good coach and gets what he can out of the talent he can recruit there.

Never thought I would see the day that many would prefer a Vanderbilt Coach over our Coach...

With Les Miles' history of offensive ineptness, I want no part of him as a head coach.
I understand that. I just think his level of ineptitude is still light years better than what we have now. Of course, there was no way to predict that three years ago. You Place your bets and you spin the Wheel.

When you start a coachā€˜s tenure with everyone trying to predict how he will do as HC of a top tier program, odds are that you arenā€™t doing too well already. Ask yourself this, how many Fortune 500 companies hire a first timer as their new CEO? Tennessee is NOT the place for a hot new commodity to prove himself. It is the place earned as a reward for demonstrated excellence (or at least it is SUPPOSED to be).
Microsoft doesnā€™t hire the leader of a 20 person internet service provider as their new CEO, no matter how impressive the resume. Big boys donā€™t gamble with their future. UT does on a regular basis.
It started with Bill Battle.

I would have taken Franklin in a heartbeat
I not sure if I would have....a good coach....but not really suited for the Vols... though I would have probably taken him over the coaches we had in this last go around...he is not to be trusted...

Reactions: cd12 and MAD
View attachment 325341View attachment 325342
This week we have got a Top 5 matchup between ā€œHot Seat Coachesā€.
Not the kind of ā€œTop 5ā€ match up Tennessee wants to be associated with.
Itā€™s getting super hot for both # 1 Coach Derek Mason and # 5 Coach Jeremy Pruitt.
I think both are probably gone at the end of the year.
But this could be the very last chance either Coach can get a victory in 2020.
In my opinion, if CJP loses Saturday, he should over take the #1 spot and be fired immediately.

Is this ranking accurate?
Do either or both survive 2020?
Vandy won't fire Mason because that would be raaaaaacissss.

VN Store

Back