#1 Alabama vs #3 Ohio State

When you sign the number one class in seven out of the last eight years, you’re going to win a lot of games. Then when you add on the fact that they have they greatest coach in college sports history, you get what Alabama has become.

Yep.

The question is, does Saban sign 7of 8 number one classes anywhere else other than Bama?

He is a NC coach almost anywhere he goes, no doubt. But him at Bama has broken the sport.

The only difference between Texas A&M and the 3 other teams to make the playoffs not named Alabama is that Texas A&M had to play Alabama during the regular season.
Yeah the thing Josh Ward always points to being advantage of being Alabama. Is you never have to play Alabama. Definitely any team that has to play them in season should be looked at differently than other teams who may be unbeaten bit didn't have to go through them.

I just want to say "thanks" to you guys for the friendly chatter, giving me a much-needed break from my real world at work. Sucks that this is the last CFB game of the year. And, sucks that we have to watch two of my three least favorite teams in doing so 🤣
This place is a stress relief, reason I post a lot😂. My wife is in the hospital for the 2nd time in about 5 weeks with sepsis. She's had nothing but trouble since losing her bladder. It's been bad enough I thought I was gonna lose her a couple of times. I pray a lot, and spend time here. Sounds crazy probably, but it helps.

Yep.

The question is, does Saban sign 7of 8 number one classes anywhere else other than Bama?

He is a NC coach almost anywhere he goes, no doubt. But him at Bama has broken the sport.

I think the playoff contributes. Feels like the 5* are further congregating to 5-6 schools which gives them more certainty of making the 4 team playoff. Has to be hard to recruit against that.

Best we can hope for at this point is Saban retires, the replacement has a couple years of success and then falls off when the recruiting falls off. Of course, this assumes UT will make the right moves and not just continue making catastrophic mistakes year after year. Where is the "doubt" meme when needed.

Bed time, night all. Wake me back up when Saban is no longer coaching and we finally have a coach that knows wtf he is doing.

GOVOLS!!!!!

Reactions: Plecoptera
Yep.

Clemson and OSU are in it every year. They also sign top classes. Bama will now have 3 playoff championships while Clemson has 2 and OSU has 1

Not sure what your theory is.

This place is a stress relief, reason I post a lot😂. My wife is in the hospital for the 2nd time in about 5 weeks with sepsis. She's had nothing but trouble since losing her bladder. It's been bad enough I thought I was gonna lose her a couple of times. I pray a lot, and spend time here. Sounds crazy probably, but it helps.

Dang Joe - sorry to hear. Best to you and her.

Best wishes for you and yours, Joe.

Hate to hear that, buddy. Will pray for you guys tonight.

My wife had a health scare over the holidays, and it really caught me off guard. She's better and we ruled out some really terrible stuff, so I can relate just a little. Close to home brings things into perspective real quick.

I need to just steer clear of the PF. That's the only thing that gets my stress up around here. I deal with enough every day at the office!

Best we can hope for at this point is Saban retires, the replacement has a couple years of success and then falls off when the recruiting falls off. Of course, this assumes UT will make the right moves and not just continue making catastrophic mistakes year after year. Where is the "doubt" meme when needed.
I really hope that lake house in Georgia is starting to look more and more appealling to Nick on a full time basis.

Reactions: Plecoptera
praying for you, goober

Also wrt to Saban and Bama breaking football - it was just 2 years ago that Bama lost in the CG by 28 to Clemson. In their prior 2 wins one was in OT and the other was by 5 points. Tonight is the outlier performance for them.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Yep.

Google John Wooden, if you don't know who he is. He won 10 NCAA National Championships in 12 years and didn't break college basketball.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Clemson and OSU are in it every year. They also sign top classes. Bama will now have 3 playoff championships while Clemson has 2 and OSU has 1

Not sure what your theory is.

Why look at just playoff success? This is what, 6 championships in like 13 years? That. Is. Insane.

Most teams are lucky to maybe win 1-2 every 20 years, and they are blue bloods.

My theory is an elite coach at a school that has a recruiting network like Bama does gets these results. It just took the right guy at the right place.

Bama doesn’t replicate this run with anyone else and Saban doesn’t replicate this run anywhere else. The margin of error at a place like Bama is huge. It’s not coincidence they have had arguable the two best coaches to ever coach the game. It is by design. I’m convinced even Butch Jones could stumble his way to a conference title there.

It is what it is. The only time Bama is really down is when the NCAA decides to enforce rules.

Know that y'all have endured lots, joe. Best wishes & prayers for her recovery. You are both warriors.

VN Store

Back