0n3 sports mock draft 2024 wnba rickea jackson not listed top 10

mudcat1973

#1 caitlin clark #2 paige buckers #3 angel reese #4 haley van lith #5 careron brink #6 aaliyah edwards #7 deja kelly #8 ayoka lee #9 mir mclean #10 sarah andrews seen on 35ky sports facebook reposted in a lady vol facebook grourp.

Last edited:
#1 caitlin clark #2 paige buckers #3 angel reese #4 haley van lith #5 careron brink #6 aaliyah edwards #7 deja kelly #8 ayoka lee #9 mir mclean #10 sarah andrews seen on 35ky sports facebook reposted in a lady vol facebook grourp.
Cameron Brink at 5 is WILD

I think we saw how wildly unreliable all the WNBA mock drafts are earlier this week. For example, everyone had Jordy going much higher and Siegrist going much lower. These assesments, esp this early, are stabs in the dark which don't take into account team needs, etc.

There seems to be some residual butt hurt amongst WNBA hangers on over Rickea turning them down this year. One tweeted she was "stupid", others predicted she would pay dearly in next years draft. I think some of them just want to see that prediction come true. No one projected to go as high as RJ was has ever opted to skip the draft and it did shine some unflattering light on the W.

Lucky for Rickea, and us, she has another season to prove them wrong on the court. With an improved cast around her, and hopefully with an improved 3 pt shot and handle, I'm pretty sure she'll crack the Top 10 draft picks easily next year.

BTW, RJ totally owned the WNBA guy who called her decision "stupid on every level" by replying simply "Good thing I didn't ask you boo."

I think we saw how wildly unreliable all the WNBA mock drafts are earlier this week. For example, everyone had Jordy going much higher and Siegrist going much lower. These assesments, esp this early, are stabs in the dark which don't take into account team needs, etc.

There seems to be some residual butt hurt amongst WNBA hangers on over Rickea turning them down this year. One tweeted she was "stupid", others predicted she would pay dearly in next years draft. I think some of them just want to see that prediction come true. No one projected to go as high as RJ was has ever opted to skip the draft and it did shine some unflattering light on the W.

Lucky for Rickea, and us, she has another season to prove them wrong on the court. With an improved cast around her, and hopefully with an improved 3 pt shot and handle, I'm pretty sure she'll crack the Top 10 draft picks easily next year.

BTW, RJ totally owned the WNBA guy who called her decision "stupid on every level" by replying simply "Good thing I didn't ask you boo."
Loaded up draft regardless of where she ends up

Laughable. Most of these players won't even be in the 2024 draft, they will use the extra year.

Loaded up draft regardless of where she ends up
It is, and no question RJ took a big gamble. Which reflects very well on the much maligned LV recruiting.

However, IMO RJ opened a door to staying vs going into the draft which some of the highly rated 2024 draftees w a covid year left might choose to walk thru. Especially those like Rickea for whom the college experience has been a rough ride finally made right. Someone like Paige, who has missed so much college time due to injury might be tempted to come back to school.

Whatever happens, Rickea has obvious tools and potential that any WNBA team would be eager to have.

This years mock draft had everything wrong after the 1st 3 picks, it’s all about needs for the team that’s picking. Rickea is a top 20 pick but maybe even top 5 in my opinion.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I couldn’t disagree with ON3 more. Next year they will all eat their words. The draft people are wrong so much of the time and never have to answer for themselves. Look at the NFL and how their“experts” blow it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A chicken pecking on a keyboard has the same odds of calling the draft order correctly as any of these "way too early" mock drafts.

Watching the draft will probably always leave me feeling a little sad after what happened that year with Meaghan Simmons. I was upset about that for days! I still think of her every year and wonder if she can even bear to watch it on tv. And then when Catch and the Fever folk passed over Rennia Davis at #3 for Kysre Gondrezik I could not believe it! Ugh.

Anyway, you're right about all the mock drafts. The only purpose they serve is to give the folks putting those things together a job. And it never fails to make me sad to know how many women dream about playing in the W, and then so few ever get a chance to do it.

RJ goes thru this year uninjured she will be a top 5 pick unless, and not likely, we get one hella player from the portal.

Watching the draft will probably always leave me feeling a little sad after what happened that year with Meaghan Simmons. I was upset about that for days! I still think of her every year and wonder if she can even bear to watch it on tv. And then when Catch and the Fever folk passed over Rennia Davis at #3 for Kysre Gondrezik I could not believe it! Ugh.

Anyway, you're right about all the mock drafts. The only purpose they serve is to give the folks putting those things together a job. And it never fails to make me sad to know how many women dream about playing in the W, and then so few ever get a chance to do it.

yes, the Rennia snub was hard to fathom particularly the way Catch had been talking up Rennia. But, the WNBA is a super competitive league and players that make it are generally good all round players who excel at least one component of the game. In the post-draft interview with Jordan, her first statement was that she could be "that lockdown defender." So, she gets it. Being pretty good at everything works well at the college level but moving up you have to an outstanding skill to hang your proverbial hat on. "Defensive stopper" who can give you some points and rebounds is a good bet for Jordan.

The jack of all trades but master of none may have been what lowered Rennia's draft stock. Missing her first year with an injury did not help but right now she looks to be on the ropes in terms of jer WNBA career unfortunately.

Learning from such cautionary tales, I think Rickea also gets it. She needs a better outside shot and a better handle. If she comes back with those added skills next season, she will be a top five pick. Her potential is just so high.

Last edited:
Learning from such cautionary tales, I think Rickea also gets it. She needs a better outside shot and a better handle. If she comes back with those added skills next season, she will be a top five pick. Her potential is just so high.

I hope she adds a consistent long-range shot, too. If she does ... I pity future opponents!

My only worry about her adding another shot -- and I could just be being paranoid -- is that she could inadvertently alter that beautiful short-range fading jumper. That thing flows off her fingertips with a level of softness and accuracy that I haven't seen from many players EVER.

As much as long-range shot, I still think Rickea's top priority should be learning how to bess vulnerable to being picked for steals when she's in the lane and defenders are converging on her. I'd like to see her develop some ball fakes and head fakes to shed some defenders.

VN Store

Back