‘23 ★★★★★ Class of 2023 Commitments

This class is odd. I started off excited about Nico and the weapons we were getting to put around him, but this defensive haul has the ability to be much much better than I hoped. I can't recall the last time we've had two consecutive DL classes that stacked talent like last year and this one. Add on that we got some solid LB core to go with Herring and Perry from the previous cycle and for what seems like the first time in forever, corners that other SEC top tiers wanted and I'm ecstatic.

Do we know which EEs have currently arrived on campus? I know Nico has and Arion is heading in today...anyone else joined the team yet?

Do we know which EEs have currently arrived on campus? I know Nico has and Arion is heading in today...anyone else joined the team yet?
Multiple 2023 Early Enrollees Set to Start Tennessee Career This Week

QB Nico Iamaleava, CB Jordan Matthews, CB Rickey Gibson, CB Cristian Conyer, OT Sham Umarov, OL Vysen Lang, WR Nathan Leacock, DB Jack Luttrell, DB John Slaughter, LB Jalen Smith, LB Jeremiah Telander, DL Nathan Robinson, LB Arion Carter and Edge Caleb Herring

Defensive lineman Daevin Hobbs was unsure of if he would join the team for bowl practices upon last check, but he did not rule out the possibility.

Last edited:
Is Jalen Smith a EE???
LB Jalen Smith
The tackling machine from Grayson High School (Ga.) is on campus already and will get to work with the team on Friday. Smith will get an early opportunity to show why 40 Division 1 schools extended an offer to him.

Multiple 2023 Early Enrollees Set to Start Tennessee Career This Week

QB Nico Iamaleava, CB Jordan Matthews, CB Rickey Gibson, CB Cristian Conyer, OT Sham Umarov, OL Vysen Lang, WR Nathan Leacock, DB Jack Luttrell, DB John Slaughter, LB Jalen Smith, LB Jeremiah Telander, DL Nathan Robinson, LB Arion Carter and Edge Caleb Herring

Defensive lineman Daevin Hobbs was unsure of if he would join the team for bowl practices upon last check, but he did not rule out the possibility.
Did any of them besides Nico step on the T in the locker room?

This latest commitment put us at 25 for the year. If that is so how can CJH add any Portal players to the team? Thanks
There are ways to backcount guys to previous year's class or count them against next year's class but I don't understand it well enough to explain.

VN Store

Back