‘23 ★★★★★ Class of 2023 Commitments

Very, very glad we got this commitment. Smith may, or may not become a consensus four star, I don't care. He is an eager, mean, and smart football player. He loves contact and covers laterally with authority. He reminds me of Jackie Walker. We got a stud if he takes coaching and develops.

Reactions: Credo2
Just opening that page is incredibly depressing. $2.1 million for a kid that has yet to play a down at the next level. If a kid is getting that kind of coin, he better ****ing produce.
I’m not a fan of NIL but I’m not depressed about it

Reactions: chef3531
Just opening that page is incredibly depressing. $2.1 million for a kid that has yet to play a down at the next level. If a kid is getting that kind of coin, he better ****ing produce.

That figure is not handed to kid when he commits. It seems likely that that is the potential earnings of the kid over the span of his career at that school and if certain benchmarks are met. I’m sure the players and their families are getting reassurances that they will be compensated something, even if they don’t meet some of the benchmarks. I’ve also read that kids are forfeiting potential future earnings at the pro level in exchange for compensation at the college level. That is pretty risky in itself with no guaranteed ROI for both the player and the party paying. It would be straight up negligent to just hand a 17 year old a 2 million dollar check just for committing to your school.

What happened to the 2024 five-star guy that committed to us a few weeks/month ago? Athlete from Georgia? Never mind, found it - Jonathan Echols... I see he is four-star on Rivals and five-star on 247sports. Good. Good. Good.

Last edited:
Looks like we have 21 hard commits right now. How many more are we allowed? I would think not many more

I'm afraid to create another thread in this forum since it is mostly kept to individual recruit pages, but does anyone have a list of 2023 recruits that Tennessee is trying to close with? I'd like to know whose pages to look into more and get my hopes up about how well we might finish on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: volbound1700
I'm afraid to create another thread in this forum since it is mostly kept to individual recruit pages, but does anyone have a list of 2023 recruits that Tennessee is trying to close with? I'd like to know whose pages to look into more and get my hopes up about how well we might finish on the recruiting trail.

Yeah, I would love to see us get into that top 5 class range to compete with Smart and Saban. People keep citing that we need to be in that range to really beat out both consistently.

Two things:

1) Vysen Lang is listed as a commitment. You know something?
2) Can you denote "EE" on this original post for the ones who are early enrollees?

Thanks for doing this.

Two things:

1) Vysen Lang is listed as a commitment. You know something?
2) Can you denote "EE" on this original post for the ones who are early enrollees?

Thanks for doing this.

If you give me a list of who’s EE, I’ll update the OP.

VN Store

Back