“That ain’t my job, guys”.

View attachment 325033This guy doesn’t get it and never will. As the head coach at the University of Tennessee, you better damn well have something to say to the fans after your complete inability to do your job effectively. Why the **** should we continue to support a program whose coach has so little concern for what the fans are experiencing?

Here’s a very simple solution: make it so this fool’s job is no longer to be the coach. Then he can go back to picking middle school gym class dodge ball teams in Alabama.

Good grief. Get this man out of Knoxville and away from this program.

This quote right here ought to cost him at least 50% of his buyout. His JOB is to direct all aspects of the football program. Clearly he's not even attempting to do that. If I were one of UT legal team I'd already be drawing up the breach of contract papers to send to Sexton as notice that not only will Pruitt not be retained, but he better have a reasonable counter offer to our "fired for cause with no compensation."

This is such a tone deaf comment we need to look into whether it provides cause. Surely his contract has some language in it that makes clear he has obligations in addition to coaching ball, representing the University, serving as the face of the football program, and using his best efforts to maintain a positive relationship with fans and alumni, etc.

Last edited:
These posts about Pruitt being a Bama guy and doesn't want to win at TN are just ludicrous and dumb. So your saying he intentionally took this job to lose and look terrible as a HC and sabotage himself from ever getting another HC job. Do black helicopters circle your house every night?
They are gray actually... Smoky Gray! I thought I saw Butch in the pilot seat and CP was on the gun

These posts about Pruitt being a Bama guy and doesn't want to win at TN are just ludicrous and dumb. So your saying he intentionally took this job to lose and look terrible as a HC and sabotage himself from ever getting another HC job. Do black helicopters circle your house every night?

This is completely true.

Dude sucks as a head coach. Where he coached before has nothing to do with it. People that use that as proof of anything are as dumb as Pruitt is terrible at coaching.

Last edited:
View attachment 325033This guy doesn’t get it and never will. As the head coach at the University of Tennessee, you better damn well have something to say to the fans after your complete inability to do your job effectively. Why the **** should we continue to support a program whose coach has so little concern for what the fans are experiencing?

Here’s a very simple solution: make it so this fool’s job is no longer to be the coach. Then he can go back to picking middle school gym class dodge ball teams in Alabama.

Good grief. Get this man out of Knoxville and away from this program.

If responsibility for the direction of the program is not part of his job, whose is it?

Don't try to be logical!!!! The ones calling Pruitt dumb act even dumber on a message board!!! (Keyboard coaches)Our fans and (I use that term loosely) are ridiculous and UT gets what it deserves. I hate to lose but this fan base deserves it with the attitude most our fans have always wantin coach so n so or fire this coach fire that coach do this don't so that blah blah bunch of overgrown cry babies!!!!!

did he really answer the direction of the football program is not his job. Uh. Then who’s job is it cornbread cooter

Reactions: Kramebo
This quote right here ought to cost him at least 50% of his buyout. His JOB is to direct all aspects of the football program. Clearly he's not even attempting to do that. If I were one of UT legal team I'd already be drawing up the breach of contract papers to send to Sexton as notice that not only will Pruitt not be retained, but he better have a reasonable counter offer to our "fired for cause with no compensation."

Spoken like an attorney. Are you?

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Pruitt doesn't recognize the only reason his has this position is because the fans vetoed a hire. The fans are expressing themselves on Vol calls. But the real way this would show up is when next years attendance resembles the COVID crowds of this year.

VN Store

Back