“Locked up” roster as of now?

What is the roster limit. Can we fit Elijah Simmons as a walkon in BB since he has a scholarship infootball?

I'm hoping it is Burns.He has the size and agility as a big guy to really help if he is conditioned and improved>

What is the roster limit. Can we fit Elijah Simmons as a walkon in BB since he has a scholarship infootball?
He doesn’t,t have to walk on. Anyone on a football scholarship can play any sport if the football coach agrees. However, that does not apply for a player who signed for any sport other than football can play football. A track scholarship player can not play football until he signs a football scholarship. We can think Bear Bryant for that rule.

Reactions: sport3500
Fulky is likely the other starter IMO if Grant doesn't come back and we don't add a grad transfer big like Blackshear. I am not sure why all the gloom and doom though. I have seen at least 2 national NCAABB writers have the Vols around #20 for next WITHOUT Grant or Bone coming back. Without those 2 we won't be as good as last year, but replacing Bone with a 5 star PG and Turner is not going to be some catastrophic dropoff. Losing Grant and Admiral is big, but both Turner and Bowden have shown the ability in the past to be excellent scorers. The offense will not run through the post nearly as much so they will be able be featured and find better consistency as the go to scorers. I could see both Bowden and Turner having Jordy MCrae, Kevin Punter, or Josh Richardson like senior years. Next years team will be very different, but not necessarily significantly worse.
I’m definitely not a doom and gloom guy, I’m generally very positive on here. But I think next year will be a tough one. I just think it’ll be hard to win games with the complete dearth of proven bodies in the frontcourt. 20 wins would surprise me and I’d be happy with it

I’m definitely not a doom and gloom guy, I’m generally very positive on here. But I think next year will be a tough one. I just think it’ll be hard to win games with the complete dearth of proven bodies in the frontcourt. 20 wins would surprise me and I’d be happy with it
I’m trying to understand their strategy in recruiting guards. They’ve basically signed one guard (I think will end up a 3) in two cycles. It’s possible that you have Turner, Bowden and James starting. That leaves Johnson as your only back up guard and he’s not someone who can being the ball up the floor.

You sign a marginal transfer who might not even be eligible. Turner and Bowden are gone after next year and their only commit next year is not a guard.
I’m sorry, but what gives?

looks like barnes had all his eggs in the basket and when ucla feel through hes now having an O'SH* moment

looks like barnes had all his eggs in the basket and when ucla feel through hes now having an O'SH* moment
Barnes doesn't have O'SH moments. He just regroups and wins. His problem has never been winning in the regular season. His flaws are in his tournament runs.

I’m trying to understand their strategy in recruiting guards. They’ve basically signed one guard (I think will end up a 3) in two cycles. It’s possible that you have Turner, Bowden and James starting. That leaves Johnson as your only back up guard and he’s not someone who can being the ball up the floor.

You sign a marginal transfer who might not even be eligible. Turner and Bowden are gone after next year and their only commit next year is not a guard.

I don't think that a pure PG is as high of a priority when practically everybody on the roster is a good ball handler. Having somebody that can defend the opposing PG is more important than having somebody to bring the ball up the floor.

Reactions: k-town_king

Signing guards is obviously the priority now moving forward, if they land Keon Johnson in 2 1/2 months that’s a step in the right direction.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Signing guards is obviously the priority now moving forward, if they land Keon Johnson in 2 1/2 months that’s a step in the right direction.
Exactly. Almost all of the remaining realistic targets are guards. Jaden Springer, Keon Johnson, Bryce Thompson, Caleb Love, Matthew Murrell, and Cam Hayes, 5* 2021 kid from NC they are looking to reclassify to 2020.

Reactions: k-town_king
Exactly. Almost all of the remaining realistic targets are guards. Jaden Springer, Keon Johnson, Bryce Thompson, Caleb Love, Matthew Murrell, and the kid from NC they are looking to reclassify to 2020.

Yup...taking ORN and Plavsic imo pretty much eliminated any post players on our board for 2020, especially for the fall signing period imo. PJ Hall is the only possible exception and I think even he probably falls down the list now well below multiple guards.

Yup...taking ORN and Plavsic imo pretty much eliminated any post players on our board for 2020, especially for the fall signing period imo. PJ Hall is the only possible exception and I think even he probably falls down the list now well below multiple guards.
Right now we've got 3 to fill for 2020, if we hold Bone's spot instead of filling it. Would it be beneficial if James had an NBA type season and got a first round mock, or would that hurt us? Also If Kent gets hurt or doesn't produce he could possibly get the Nudge. Thoughts.

Right now we've got 3 to fill for 2020, if we hold Bone's spot instead of filling it. Would it be beneficial if James had an NBA type season and got a first round mock, or would that hurt us? Also If Kent gets hurt or doesn't produce he could possibly get the Nudge. Thoughts.

Walker is committed so that only leaves 2 spots, assuming Johnson gets one August 6th that leaves 1....I’m sure there will be movement to add more in spring but I doubt we will know that by November.

If bone is drafted he will be near the bottom of the 2nd round. If he believes he’s the best PG than come back another year and prove it. Get a free degree and make millions more in the nba. I don’t understand these kids rush. We’re talking 13 months away to change ur life by having a degree and a guaranteed nba roster spot. They spend their entire getting here then blow it in the final year by rushing. Nba d league or first round. Those are his choices. If he is a second round all star they will milk you for peanuts several years before getting paid.

Last edited:
If bone is drafted he will be near the bottom of the 2nd round. If he believes he’s the best PG than come back another year and prove it. Get a free degree and make millions more in the nba. I don’t understand these kids rush. We’re talking 13 months away to change ur life by having a degree and a guaranteed nba roster spot. They spend their entire getting here then blow it in the final year by rushing. Nba d league or first round. Those are his choices. If he is a second round all star they will milk you for peanuts several years before getting paid.

Is the difference between Pick #28 and Pick #48 millions?

Because you should never wait to become a millionaire now.

Walker is committed so that only leaves 2 spots, assuming Johnson gets one August 6th that leaves 1....I’m sure there will be movement to add more in spring but I doubt we will know that by November.

Not considering attrition from transfers, isn't there just 1 spot available after adding Walker UNLESS the last spot this year is filled with a one-year grad transfer?

The problem is you’ve lost two starting guards and have signed one, and definitely lose two more next year. I don’t like the idea of having to rely on Freshman guards. Is Barnes on any top 75 PGs for 2019 or 2020?

The problem is you’ve lost two starting guards and have signed one, and definitely lose two more next year. I don’t like the idea of having to rely on Freshman guards. Is Barnes on any top 75 PGs for 2019 or 2020?

Even as freshmen, Keon Johnson and Springer might be upgrades over Turner and Bowden.

VN Store

Back