“Locked up” roster as of now?

Dougie_D

Who is officially on the team right now?.. meaning they aren’t in limbo. (Considering draft, transfer portal, or has yet to sign?)
I feel that leaves us with 4 players 😂

Lamonte Turner
Jordan Bowden
Jalen Johnson
Yves Pons
John Fulkerson
DJ Burns
Zach Kent
Davonte Gaines
Josiah James
Drew Pember
Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua

leaves Jordan Bone & Grant Williams as 2 guys going through NBA Draft process.

😂

So, starters are probably Turner, Josiah James, Bowden, Pons, and ??? whos the 5?

We might be hurting a little this season. That's alright, it was a good run, and Barnes will get some more stars.

Fulky is likely the other starter IMO if Grant doesn't come back and we don't add a grad transfer big like Blackshear. I am not sure why all the gloom and doom though. I have seen at least 2 national NCAABB writers have the Vols around #20 for next WITHOUT Grant or Bone coming back. Without those 2 we won't be as good as last year, but replacing Bone with a 5 star PG and Turner is not going to be some catastrophic dropoff. Losing Grant and Admiral is big, but both Turner and Bowden have shown the ability in the past to be excellent scorers. The offense will not run through the post nearly as much so they will be able be featured and find better consistency as the go to scorers. I could see both Bowden and Turner having Jordy MCrae, Kevin Punter, or Josh Richardson like senior years. Next years team will be very different, but not necessarily significantly worse.

So, starters are probably Turner, Josiah James, Bowden, Pons, and ??? whos the 5?

We might be hurting a little this season. That's alright, it was a good run, and Barnes will get some more stars.
DJ Burns with Kent spelling.

Reactions: RollerVol

Long time between now and November. With Barnes a starting lineup could look something like Turner James Bowden Kent Burns, with a quick hook for those that don't follow the scouting report or play their game. ala bowden Pons this season. I'm expecting a lot of platooning early at most positions especially the 3 4 5 with Turner Bowden being the base.

I wonder how many people would have guessed that Kent would have stayed and Walker was going to be the one that transferred? I feel like Bone will be back, unless he has his mind set on going in the 2nd round or undrafted.

I wonder how many people would have guessed that Kent would have stayed and Walker was going to be the one that transferred? I feel like Bone will be back, unless he has his mind set on going in the 2nd round or undrafted.

I said pretty often that Walker made sense, Johnson and Kent were common names mentioned but both having already used a redshirt year would mean they would lose another year of eligibility so that was an issue..Walker still had his redshirt year to use.

Bone isn’t coming back, he will go overseas or G-League if he has to, he is done with school.

Who is officially on the team right now?.. meaning they aren’t in limbo. (Considering draft, transfer portal, or has yet to sign?)
I feel that leaves us with 4 players 😂
what is the scholarship limit? Does it include red shirts?

Turner
Bowden
James
Fulky
Burns

Pons
Johnson
Kent
ORN

I like the lineup, except... Who is going to come in to relieve our point guard? The 3 best candidates are on the floor. I guess we just move people around as we sub people in.

I like the lineup, except... Who is going to come in to relieve our point guard? The 3 best candidates are on the floor. I guess we just move people around as we sub people in.

James and Turner will stagger minutes like they did this year with Bone and Turner.

I would guess

Turner- 33
Bowden- 32
James- 30
Fulkerson- 30
Pons- 25
Burns- 20
Johnson- 15
Kent- 10
One of Gaines/ORN/Pember- 5

sorry but I cant see Pons improving his hands and ability to handle the ball enough to make a huge improvement. I think Fulk is 4 and either Burns or Kent at the 5.

VN Store

Back