“But I got to stop wishin', got to go fishin' Down to rock bottom again Just a few friends, just a few friends” (pictures)

Saw it on the puer, and from shore in Cape San blas. Guy caught a pretty big shark surf fishing that way with a kayak.
Do they sight fish for mackerel and fat alberts on that pier like they do a little farther west? I've never been there.

Reactions: joevol33
Do they sight fish for mackerel and fat alberts on that pier like they do a little farther west? I've never been there.
It was the pier in Panama I saw them taking bait with kayaks. But yeah, when I first started going that's what we first got into, the mackerel. Dudes would be standing there, and you'd hear someone yell "here they come ", and it would look like a huge shadow flying under water. It was schools of mackerel, and everyone would start casting. You'd catch them on pretty much whatever you threw. We were using a plastic straw, literally, set up with like a clear floater ball filled with water. Hard to explain, but they'd tear it up. Best time was September, I want to go try it again

Reactions: GordonC
I am full rightie. I use right handed casting reels, left retrieve spinning reels and left retrieve fly reels.

Reactions: GordonC
So if you're using a casting reel, you are right handed but don't reel with your right hand? The handle is on the left side, but you're a rightie?
I'm a weird ambidextrous. I can reel right, but it feels weird, so I reel left. I cast a bait caster left handed, but spinning reel right handed. I can shoot with either, throw a ball farther right, but straighter left. I was a switch hitter, power was left, but I could put a ball where I wanted right handed. It's weird.

I'm a weird ambidextrous. I can reel right, but it feels weird, so I reel left. I cast a bait caster left handed, but spinning reel right handed. I can shoot with either, throw a ball farther right, but straighter left. I was a switch hitter, power was left, but I could put a ball where I wanted right handed. It's weird.
Without the baseball context, this statement would have been even weirder.
But I don't judge.

Got a good friend who lives over there, he moved from here. He gave me a couple of places to try he said we'd catch something. He's also going to meet up with us and fish one of the two days, take us to a place he fishes.

VN Store

Back