“But I got to stop wishin', got to go fishin' Down to rock bottom again Just a few friends, just a few friends” (pictures)

I think you posted once before that you stay at a family property. Where (generally) are you on the island? And where do you recommend that people look for rentals? And if you’re just a renter peon like the rest of us, is there a particular address that you’re happy with?

We don’t do this often, so when we do, we’re looking for front-row (beachfront.). Ideally where there’s at least a tiny bit of surf noise. thx

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I think you posted once before that you stay at a family property. Where (generally) are you on the island? And where do you recommend that people look for rentals? And if you’re just a renter peon like the rest of us, is there a particular address that you’re happy with?

We don’t do this often, so when we do, we’re looking for front-row (beachfront.). Ideally where there’s at least a tiny bit of surf noise. thx
We are on the bay. When staying other places we stay on the bay. So I’m no help whatsoever.
There are several rental companies on the island. I’d either go VRBO or Collins rental.
The others are not great.
There’s a vescassa company that’s bought a company on the island and jacked their prices through the roof.

We are near the park. The island is thin with less people. Honestly there are not a lot of people anywhere once you get 100 yards away from the middle park where the lighthouse is.

The family property got sold a while back.
I rent like errbody else now. Lol
I’d really love to go there; sounds like the perfect beach place. The trick would be persuading the breeders (the parents of the grandkids) that a 10-hour-drive from Asheville with little kids would be worth it.

As it is, I can’t persuade them to go to Ocracoke. 😩

We are on the bay. When staying other places we stay on the bay. So I’m no help whatsoever.
There are several rental companies on the island. I’d either go VRBO or Collins rental.
The others are not great.
There’s a vescassa company that’s bought a company on the island and jacked their prices through the roof.

We are near the park. The island is thin with less people. Honestly there are not a lot of people anywhere once you get 100 yards away from the middle park where the lighthouse is.
I should have asked - Why the bay side, rather than the ocean side? I haven’t even looked at the map to see if there are oceanside places.

I just generally prefer the wilder side of an island.

I’d really love to go there; sounds like the perfect beach place. The trick would be persuading the breeders (the parents of the grandkids) that a 10-hour-drive from Asheville with little kids would be worth it.

As it is, I can’t persuade them to go to Ocracoke. 😩

it’s worth the drive. There’s no doubt.
Why not Ocracoke? That place is amazing

Reactions: VolNExile
I should have asked - Why the bay side, rather than the ocean side? I haven’t even looked at the map to see if there are oceanside places.

I just generally prefer the wilder side of an island.
The island is very thin so the beach is close no matter what and I like to fish, kayak and float on flat water.

it’s worth the drive. There’s no doubt.
Why not Ocracoke? That place is amazing
They also love it, but… Diapers and potty breaks, and diapers, and potty breaks, and diapers… I-40 through NC is indecently long, and then come the side roads.

Thankfully < @Behr avert your eyes>, GS#2 is now weaned from the breast, so at least they don’t have to stop every two hours to top up his tanks.

The island is very thin so the beach is close no matter what and I like to fish, kayak and float on flat water.
Is the surf (or Gulf version thereof) pretty much the same on ocean and bay sides, or is it more quiet and sloshy on the bay side? I really do want to hear some version of surf, even on Gulf or Atlantic beaches.

Is the surf (or Gulf version thereof) pretty much the same on ocean and bay sides, or is it more quiet and sloshy on the bay side? I really do want to hear some version of surf, even on Gulf or Atlantic beaches.
The ocean side is typical of the gulf coast. The bay is as flat as a swimming pool most days. No current and very little movement. You want to be on the ocean

Didn’t go through the area.
Went to Columbus then across the national forest
Was thinking about running over there though
There's a restaurant in port St Joe, right beside the lighthouse, it's probably the best I've had in that particular area. I can't remember the name, I'm just hungry right now and thinking about food.

There's a restaurant in port St Joe, right beside the lighthouse, it's probably the best I've had in that particular area. I can't remember the name, I'm just hungry right now and thinking about food.
I’m going to run over to blue water outrigger today.
I’ll check it out.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back