‘We could’ve been legends there.’ Clemson offensive stars grew up fans of SEC school

No sense in hating Clemson on account of our own (UT) hiring stupidity. They didn't tell us who to hire, and stick us with the consequences; we did it to ourselves.
Exactly. When these kids were coming out UT had a used car salesman for a coach and everybody (if they hadn't already) was figuring it out, especially the recruits. The program was toxic mess and change was coming. Follow that up with "Currie at the Schianamo" and you have a full blown circus.

They made a business decision that at the time was a no brainer and has worked out really well for them.
UT is showing signs of recovering but it was terrible timing for that group.

It all started with Kiffin and Tajh Boyd. We have had the wrong coach in place each time when we have had recruits who grew up as fans. This was our loss and Clemson’s gain. Now we are starting to lay the foundation and change the toxic culture we have had since the Dooley era if not before.
Nailed It!!!!!!!!

“I took my visit there and I just knew it wasn’t the place for me. Just really didn’t like the vibe,” Etienne said.
ugh

Have no respect for any player that chose Clemson. You're essentially saying I want to play in the minor leagues in terms of conference play.

After Botch blew it in 2016 everyone knew he was fraud, including recruits. Guy had Alvin Kamara riding pine. Brought his bricks but didn't have enough sense to put mortar in between them.. Maybe wipe those mortar joints in his sloppy mailbox commercial, I knew we were in trouble after seeing that. His final two recruiting classes set us back years.

Reactions: Lilcarl731 and AM64
When this article makes you feel sad, just think that would mean Butch would still here and we'd be 9-3 at best with miracle finishes and no player development.

Preface: I didn't click the link and I didn't read the article. I'm only commenting on the quote. (I hate when people who do that)

This isn't a popular opinion I'm sure, but if those kids loved Tennessee they would be Vols. It's easy to explain your life backwards. We've all done it. Our decisions are specatular when we have hindsight to depend on. I'm happy for those Tennessee kids who are experiencing success on the biggest stage.

But I'm also happy for the four kids who were able to go to Tennessee because there was a spot for them.

Last edited:
Stop... Fulmer needed to be fired. He had plenty of of opportunities between 2001 and 2008 to fix the problem. He couldn't do it.

Well, hope you’re enjoying watching two teams that aren’t Tennessee playing in the national championship, because 4 of the key players from Clemson would have been Vols with Fulmer at the helm.

Your take was terrible then. And it’s even more terrible now. Real talk. Just go away.

I would wager you’re also supporting Guarantano and him coming back. I know it.

VN Store

Back