‘We could’ve been legends there.’ Clemson offensive stars grew up fans of SEC school

It’s sad they couldn't play here for whatever reason (probably our awful coaches at the time).But it’s time to look ahead.

The last decade was tough but it’s over now. It’s spring time for Vol Nation and we’re about to break out over the next several seasons. So long as we keep investing in future talent, building relationships, and growing the program the way Phil and Pruitt are we’re gonna be a force again.

Keep your head up and get ready for Tennessee teams that make everyone remember what it’s like lining up against the Big Orange.

Go Vols!

Good publicity for the Vols.

Yeah it sucks those guys didn't come here.
No other way about it. Ettiene. Higgins. And Lawrence are all 1st round players.

Still, you really have to like what Pruitt is doing.
He's bringing very good recruiting classes.
He's getting key transfers.
He's developing players.

Speaking of AD and $$: have we given CJP a raise this offseason? I think he's due for a significant bump.

Not yet to my knowledge but that will surely change soon. The bowl bonus is probably already done. The salary and staff increases and maybe a general budget increase will likely follow. Probably waiting to see who stays and who bolts. Frankly, I'm not in the know so am assuming.

It's a crying shame. Can't say that I blame them. Imagine growing up a fan and then not be given the attention of your dream school. Disappointing to say the least.
Luckily this staff is changing that. They recruited the current vol fan recruits hard. The culture is changing and you can see it with how these boys had no quit on the field. I'm excited to watch this team grow.

It all started with Kiffin and Tajh Boyd. We have had the wrong coach in place each time when we have had recruits who grew up as fans. This was our loss and Clemson’s gain. Now we are starting to lay the foundation and change the toxic culture we have had since the Dooley era if not before.
Yes, along with OL losses...and I had HOPES that JG was going to be that Taj Boyd type of player for us. In theory I guess he still can.

Lol. I bet some are reading this and think, man if we could have gotten these guys we would be like Clemson.

VN Store

Back