‘SpongeBob Squarepants’ Creator Stephen Hillenburg Dies at 57

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sp...ator-dead-dies-stephen-hillenburg-1203037362/

Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of the megahit Nickelodeon cartoon series “SpongeBob SquarePants,” died on Monday. He was 57.

The cause of death was ALS, which Hillenburg revealed he had been diagnosed with in March of last year.

Making SpongeBob was a hobby for him and he never sought the spotlight saying, "I make animation because I like to draw and create things. I have no real interest to be on camera or to be a celebrity. It's not that I don't like people, but I like having my privacy."

"Sailor Mouth" is one of the funniest cartoons I've ever seen.

RIP

Sponge Bob came after my time and I never tried to introduce my kids to it. Having said that, the fact that I even know what Sponge Bob is shows how successful it was. Kudos to him for following his passion and being able to make a living off of it.

First Stan Lee and now Hillenburg. Just awful. Spongebob is one of the most memorable cartoon series of all time.

RIP and prayers to the family.

The only “kids” cartoon I’ve really enjoyed since my days watching Looney Tunes as a child. Some really hilarious episodes. RIP.

VN Store

Back