‘Post-Racial’ America Starts with Two-Parent Black Families

Who would argue that two parent families aren't better than one parent families? This is hardly a breakthrough.
it-takes-a-village-9781481430876_hr.jpg

That doesn't mean anti family. That's always been a ridiculous overclaim by the right.

Just Hills clamoring for more federal money and power to control ones children.
Having close neighbors and associates at church or an organization to look out for your children is one thing. Having some corrupt ideological school board or unaccountable federal bureaucracy is another.

But AA’s are not the minority. Of the 4 main groups that make up over 95% of the population(Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians) the Asians in America are the minority making up around 6% of the population. Yet, this group thrives in America. I know the rebuttal will be dominated by the “consequences of slavery” talking points.
I did not mean the minority and it sounds as if you’ve settled on a predetermined answer already. The differences Asians and AAs, and even Africans, experience further highlight systemic racism IMO.
However, in my opinion, the biggest barriers to human flourishing within the black community come down to a reliance on the democrat party that exploits them at every turn. As well as a culture that has gotten away from the traditional family model (as the article in this thread details) and an emphasis on education.
There are tons of assumptions made by white people. It’s dangerous and unnecessary when you can be educated by the actual source. Politicians exploit everyone and culture is developed over time based on the environment. The answers are there if you’re open minded and willing to listen.
I see this within my own family. My side=1 parent household, uneducated therefore poverty stricken for most of my life. Wife’s side= 2 parent household, educated, not rich but never really struggled either.
As I stated earlier, it’s obvious the more attention paid on a child, the more likely the success. There are various factors that lead to AA households not being whole. Anyone that makes a propensity argument should check themselves.
I’m not trying to oversimplify a complex subject. I am saying some things are just that simple. There is a reason Asian and Jewish families thrive in America, despite being such a minority, while still facing a fair amount of racism/antisemitism. Family dynamics and a premium on education within the culture.
This is indeed a complex issue. There has been TREMENDOUS progress made since the time of my grandparents and even my parents. However, it will take all of us to continue to push until there is absolute and true equality.

Ok..what is "absolute and true equality"? Even authoritative regimes do not have it.
Who cares what they have?
True equality is when people are no longer judged based on the color of their skin and everyone has equal opportunity to succeed.

True equality is when people are no longer judged based on the color of their skin and have everyone has equal opportunity to succeed.

How do you measure such? You cant.

There are already anti descrimination laws.
What exactly and how do you propose to resolve?

How do you measure such? You cant.

There are already anti descrimination laws.
What exactly and how do you propose to resolve?
I disagree @ measuring. There are several indicators we can look at.

There are several things that need to be done. There is no quick fix. It will take generations. IMO, the first step is to look within and do your part to accept and improve. This goes for AAs as well.

I disagree @ measuring. There are several indicators we can look at.

There are several things that need to be done. There is no quick fix. It will take generations. IMO, the first step is to look within and do your part to accept and improve. This goes for AAs as well.

Man...that is weak and vague to the question asked.
Secondly, you don't know anything about "me" in regards to the subject. I can to help blacks by convincing them to denounce the radical agenda that has failed them so massively for so long. That is creating opportunity for success.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Man...that is weak and vague to the question asked.
Secondly, you don't know anything about "me" in regards to the subject. I can to help blacks by convincing them to denounce the radical agenda that has failed them so massively for so long. That is creating opportunity for success.
What are you doing within yourself?

VN Store

Back