‘23 VA SG Davin Cosby Jr.

“Coach (Rick) Barnes is legendary. He has coached a lot of great players, and it would be great to be coached by him. If I want to be up there, he’s a good one to learn from. Going up there is really about seeing what they have. Tennessee is a great program that features shooters. They want me to come off ball screens, dribble handoffs, and all those motions.”

4-star Davin Cosby goes in-depth on final LSU, NC State, Tennessee visits
Most ACC fans think he’ll stay close and go to WF. Hard to judge where we are until he visits. If we don’t get strong positive signals after, I’d bet on Wake over Bama.

My nickname for him. For what it’s worth. You heard it here first. And probably last. “No R”. Davin No R Cosby.

Maybe there’s an NIL opportunity with Super Cuts or Great Clips. He can have them almost cut his hair.

There’s not as much chatter now that AAU is done. Kinda hard to get any good info. But from a couple of guys I know they’ve said Cosby seems to be heading to Tennessee.
I’ve said a few times it feels like we are definitely in a pretty good spot, nail the visit and I think we are the favorites.

Last edited:
Reactions: berryvol
Is this guy projected an immediate starter?
Not sure he would project as that but he would have the chance to start/play big minutes…assuming Zeigler at PG that leaves a likely new starter at the 2 & 3, obviously would be competition there with Edwards, Dilione, Mashack, Jefferson etc. but he’d have a chance. More likely seems a rotation piece early on that becomes a bigger piece down the road.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
Mashack and maybe Jefferson most likely gone after this year bringing all these good recruits in will most likely push them out the door

I just hope we smack Kentucky's ass around two times this year sick of reading Rupps Rafters and them saying how they will win the chip this coming year

VN Store

Back