‘23 PA SF Justin Edwards

Why you commit so much time & money on someone “dreaming of playing” elsewhere is beyond me. The kid should love Tennessee cause he played them to get mo money from Ky.

Excerpts from athletic article on Edwards

When the Nike grassroots circuit began this spring, Tennessee had overtaken Kentucky in Edwards’ recruitment with a blitz of attention and a simple appeal: Sure, the Wildcats want you, but the Volunteers need you. That worked fine until Calipari watched Edwards in the first live period, determined he was a must-get player and made it his mission not to lose a kid who grew up calling UK his dream school. On Monday night, Edwards picked the Cats over the Vols, and Calipari inched closer to one of those star-studded superclasses that defined his early years in Lexington.

“Since Cal saw him this spring, he’s been locked in,” says Andre Noble, Edwards’ coach at Imhotep Institute in Philadelphia. Kentucky assistants Chin Coleman and Orlando Antigua both aggressively recruited him, too, but Calipari took over down the stretch. “He has really made it a priority to build his own personal relationship with Justin. He’s been super engaged, super serious about his recruitment.

“Tennessee has been recruiting him for a long time and really made Justin and his family feel at home. They did a phenomenal job recruiting him,” Noble says. “But Coach Cal’s late burst was really important. Obviously there were other factors. Before all of this, at probably 7 or 8 years old, Justin’s dream school was Kentucky. That affected this too. But it was a rumble. It was not an easy decision for our guy.”

Reactions: griffdog14
All that matters is the previous year and both UT and UK ended the season disappointingly. I've been saying for years the ncaa tourney is cruel and UT fans are really learning it the last five years or so. A few plays change and Cal has 2, maybe 3 titles. Or maybe 0. If Cal had 2 or 3 titles his critics couldn't say ****. Alas, here we are 10 years since the last title.

All that matters is the previous year and both UT and UK ended the season disappointingly. I've been saying for years the ncaa tourney is cruel and UT fans are really learning it the last five years or so. A few plays change and Cal has 2, maybe 3 titles. Or maybe 0. If Cal had 2 or 3 titles his critics couldn't say ****. Alas, here we are 10 years since the last title.
Cats fans are clearly more disappointed in how their season ended, and how it ended for the rest of the decade. They're more disappointed in the series with Tennessee, too, and in not winning the SEC Tournament. Kentucky fandom at this point means celebrating in July after three months of utter sadness.

Cats fans are clearly more disappointed in how their season ended, and how it ended for the rest of the decade. They're more disappointed in the series with Tennessee, too, and in not winning the SEC Tournament. Kentucky fandom at this point means celebrating in July after three months of utter sadness.

I am all for bashing UK but being a UT hoops fan in March is about as bad as it gets for failing to meet expectations. I mean idk of another team who has failed to reach a final 4 with the amount of times we were a legit contender.

If the schadenfreude makes you feel better then more power to you

I am all for bashing UK but being a UT hoops fan in March is about as bad as it gets for failing to meet expectations. I mean idk of another team who has failed to reach a final 4 with the amount of times we were a legit contender.
You might do a little more research and you would have several names.

Reactions: berryvol
Calipari might get the blue chips on the dotted line but can’t put them on the ladder. KY wins November….again.

VN Store

Back