‘23 Nigeria C Rueben Abuchi Chinyelu

My info is pretty light. When he visited, he/family had been stirred up about NIL money/workarounds. He had a great visit here. They were overwhelmed by the size of crowds, fans, facilities. Blown away by the hugeness of college sports here. He talked to Spyre who gave him/family explanation of NIL rules vs student visa limitations. Originally they thought they would visit “many” schools as he’s been receiving lots of interest. He called coaches to thank them, and say that the trip was exhausting and they would not see several schools. When they left here, the Florida tripped was booked. I don’t know if he’ll go or not. I agree with BTO on timeline. If he doesn’t go, a decision is implied. Might as well announce. Our coaches feel very good that it would be hard to top his visit here.
Dilione to Chinyelu? Could it be?
0E8E256C-4E2A-4854-B01B-C15C07873007.gif

My info is pretty light. When he visited, he/family had been stirred up about NIL money/workarounds. He had a great visit here. They were overwhelmed by the size of crowds, fans, facilities. Blown away by the hugeness of college sports here. He talked to Spyre who gave him/family explanation of NIL rules vs student visa limitations. Originally they thought they would visit “many” schools as he’s been receiving lots of interest. He called coaches to thank them, and say that the trip was exhausting and they would not see several schools. When they left here, the Florida tripped was booked. I don’t know if he’ll go or not. I agree with BTO on timeline. If he doesn’t go, a decision is implied. Might as well announce. Our coaches feel very good that it would be hard to top his visit here.
According to Basilio, as of today, the Florida visit is still on for this weekend. You still hearing the same? Basilio credits “Rob” Polinsky for getting Tennessee involved…lol…must be Gregg’s brother.

According to Basilio, as of today, the Florida visit is still on for this weekend. You still hearing the same? Basilio credits “Rob” Polinsky for getting Tennessee involved…lol…must be Gregg’s brother.

It’s been crickets. No one knows. I assume he’ll take the visit, but that’s just a guess. Crack reporting from TB. Must’ve gotten the name from Kessling.

It’s been crickets. No one knows. I assume he’ll take the visit, but that’s just a guess. Crack reporting from TB. Must’ve gotten the name from Kessling.
So has the feeling there changed then or did I misread your previous post about family now feeling differently about taking more visits?

So has the feeling there changed then or did I misread your previous post about family now feeling differently about taking more visits?
My interpretation of that original post was that they would no longer take multiple additional visits, and that it was Tennessee and Florida he planned to visit, and perhaps only since the Florida visit was already booked. Sounds to me like we shouldn’t expect any more visits beyond that, and that a decision should come between Tennessee and Florida following the visit, this weekend, assuming it happens.

My interpretation of that original post was that they would no longer take multiple additional visits, and that it was Tennessee and Florida he planned to visit, and perhaps only since the Florida visit was already booked. Sounds to me like we shouldn’t expect any more visits beyond that, and that a decision should come between Tennessee and Florida following the visit, this weekend, assuming it happens.
Gotcha, I read it as in they were questioning taking the Florida visit since that was the only other one that’s been mentioned so far, but could see it how you read it too.

Gotcha, I read it as in they were questioning taking the Florida visit since that was the only other one that’s been mentioned so far, but could see it how you read it too.
Largely what Chris said. He briefly thought he’d visit “many” schools, but I don’t think he understood how taxing that would be. He called our staff a few days after visit and said he would not be doing that. Last week when you asked, I said I didn’t know if he’d take the Florida visit as it was already booked.

Reactions: TrapVol
Largely what Chris said. He briefly thought he’d visit “many” schools, but I don’t think he understood how taxing that would be. He called our staff a few days after visit and said he would not be doing that. Last week when you asked, I said I didn’t know if he’d take the Florida visit as it was already booked.
Gotcha, thanks for clarification.

Rob Lewis on the radio yesterday said as far as he knows they were taking the Florida visit but that the process of trans-Atlantic flight did take a toll on the family, so it wasn't a guarantee.
I can relate as I’m sitting here wide awake in the middle of the night in Munich - flying six time zones away is not for the weak of heart and I can’t imagine packing a 6’-10” human into today’s airline seats for over 9 hours. I’d be thinking about doing my gator visit via zoom!

I can relate as I’m sitting here wide awake in the middle of the night in Munich - flying six time zones away is not for the weak of heart and I can’t imagine packing a 6’-10” human into today’s airline seats for over 9 hours. I’d be thinking about doing my gator visit via zoom!
Especially, when you are going to a sh!thole state, that's best feature is the beach and you are over an hour away from it

Loved Munich when we went there. Those Grandmas can pound Beer 🍺

Hope you have a great trip! Other than the whole sleep deprivation thing. I was born about 30 minutes outside of Munich, while my dad was in the military.

And they’re not the sized beers we typically have. Quality is very high
View attachment 489867
Had friends who flew to Munich for Octoberfest. Problem was they thought it started at the beginning of October when it actually ends. Would’ve loved to have seen their faces when they realized they arrived on the last day!

Last edited:
Had friends who flew to Munich for October Fest. Problem was they thought it started at the beginning of October when it actually ends. Would’ve loved to have seen their faces when they realized they arrived on the last day!

Yeah, it's pretty odd that Octoberfest is actually primarily in September. Your friends should've done more research!

Had friends who flew to Munich for October Fest. Problem was they thought it started at the beginning of October when it actually ends. Would’ve loved to have seen their faces when they realized they arrived on the last day!
Looks like it starts in a couple days, but it appears to be Octoberfest all year long at the beer garden in the English Garden. These folks really really like their beer!

VN Store

Back