‘22 TN SF Brandon Miller

I remember going to Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga as teenager in the mid to late 80s and I couldn't believe how much Bama and Georgia gear were in their sports stores. Equal or almost to Tennessee gear, plus that's not including the Ga. Tech gear they had. Hell, we were pretty good then and about to go on a monumental run, we've sucked for almost 20 years in football, so I can imagine all the fans that have jumped on those teams bandwagon, now. Really sad and UT's athletic department should be ashamed. My daughter is 30 and probably the last generation that barely remembers UT football being great.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
I remember going to Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga as teenager in the mid to late 80s and I couldn't believe how much Bama and Georgia gear were in their sports stores. Equal or almost to Tennessee gear, plus that's not including the Ga. Tech gear they had. Hell, we were pretty good then and about to go on a monumental run, we've sucked for almost 20 years in football, so I can imagine all the fans that have jumped on those teams bandwagon, now. Really sad and UT's athletic department should be ashamed. My daughter is 30 and probably the last generation that barely remembers UT football being great.
Grew up in Soddy Daisy late 80s/early 90s, and I can remember HP Mall being such a big deal to visit but yeah, they had a wider audience to appeal to and tried to draw GA/AL people too much. Remember my Dad commenting on it.

Sidenote: moved to GA in 97-98, greatest season to ever move to that state as a Vol fan.

Reactions: The Dog
Middle Tenn has a growing fan base for Bama. I know it's sad, but UT has to start winning to get that turned around.
Even when UT football was winning it was still considered “hip” to hate on them in some circles. I had a friend who was a Florida fan even though his dad was a UT fan and alum 🤷🏻‍♂️

Grew up in Soddy Daisy late 80s/early 90s, and I can remember HP Mall being such a big deal to visit but yeah, they had a wider audience to appeal to and tried to draw GA/AL people too much. Remember my Dad commenting on it.

Sidenote: moved to GA in 97-98, greatest season to ever move to that state as a Vol fan.
I had 2 cousins, brother and sister went to Soddy-Daisy, at about the same time, Burton is the last name

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Hell, I'm 33 and I didn't become a UT fan until I was 18 in 2006. Vols have sucked in football since I've been a fan. That's one big reason get so bent out of shape about our relatively weak basketball fan support.

VN Store

Back