‘22 TN SF Brandon Miller

It's not going to be fun watching Brandon Miller in a bama jersey and Cason Wallace (most likely) in a uk jersey next season.

Just wish we'd get ahead of the curve just one damned time. Seems we're always playing catch up.

We were told this would be an advantage for Tennessee but they’re far behind. I did see a law firm start in Nashville to assist athletes with this but nothing in Knoxville. Tennessee AD asleep again at the wheel. I’m not trashing White on this. NIL has been on the horizon for a couple years. Pieces should have been in place when White walked in. Little surprise Fulmer was caught napping.

We were told this would be an advantage for Tennessee but they’re far behind. I did see a law firm start in Nashville to assist athletes with this but nothing in Knoxville. Tennessee AD asleep again at the wheel. I’m not trashing White on this. NIL has been on the horizon for a couple years. Pieces should have been in place when White walked in. Little surprise Fulmer was caught napping.
It shouldn’t surprise you. Fulmer was handing out McBucks while Alabama was giving away cars and making sure mama had a good job and a place to live.

The NIL just puts that above water.

White is a high tech guy. He’s probably making Twitter impression pitches.

Tennessee isn’t too far behind…but like I said…Alabama has more ways to pay and Tennessee is catching up.

Reactions: GBO1963
Unreal how good Nate Oats is. Hopefully the NBA or a Blueblood comes calling soon. Being so far behind them in football is bad enough.

I don't think blue bloods have as much advantage in bb as they do in fb. The expectations at Bama aren't super high. They have the funds to pay him whatever. He's getting everybody he wants right now and the SEC is only getting better. Don't see why he'd leave. He reportedly grew up a Syracuse fan, so hopefully they can poach him. Maybe Wisconsin given that he's from there.

Reactions: BreatheUT
It shouldn’t surprise you. Fulmer was handing out McBucks while Alabama was giving away cars and making sure mama had a good job and a place to live.

The NIL just puts that above water.

White is a high tech guy. He’s probably making Twitter impression pitches.

Tennessee isn’t too far behind…but like I said…Alabama has more ways to pay and Tennessee is catching up.

So our new AD sucks now because Bama got some 5-stah 'cruits? LOL.

So our new AD sucks now because Bama got some 5-stah 'cruits? LOL.

It’s easier to sell something that is proven to work versus something that is “going to work”

I’m not saying our AD sucks, in fact, I think the opposite.

What I’m saying is that places like Tennessee where we didn’t have that strong of a booster funding program in place previously,
or,

our boosters may not have the businesses in place for NIL deals,

or, we only have a few very deep pocketed boosters versus many boosters

We might have a harder time turning booster payment network into NIL deals

So our ramp up period is longer.

More importantly, I trust Barnes to find a develop top tier talent from the portal as well.

Kids that make NIL only decisions are probably not what we want on our team. Just being transparent.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Unreal how good Nate Oats is. Hopefully the NBA or a Blueblood comes calling soon. Being so far behind them in football is bad enough.
Just crazy they find Bama a basketball mecca.

No, Oats is the real thing. They're earning this.

And no surprise that at school whose former coach's hat fabric is now de facto school logo, they have learned to pursue excellent coaches. Winning culture is permeating their school and athletic dept just like ours did when Pat, Phil, and Bruce were stacking Tennessee teams in the Top 10.

I think we'll be in good position when Saban retires, if we don't drop the baton when Barnes decides to go coach his grandchildren.

Bama historically has a decent program. And they were fortunate to have Oats fall into their laps

How did Oats fall into Bama's lap? Seems to me like Bama made a calculated hire.
The timing happened to work out perfectly for them. They wouldn’t have hired him the year prior and following that last season at Buffalo he became basically a foolproof hire. I also don’t think there were many programs w openings that year which would have really been competing for him. But just imagine had Rick taken the UCLA job, I’d like to think maybe we could have hired him instead. Anyway just their luck the timing worked out and landed a program changing hire

VN Store

Back