‘21 TX SF Harrison Ingram

cncchris33

I pulled up Basilios site after Thunder posted about the schedule. That guy speculates he doesn’t have big time offers because he’s a risk to go to the g-league
I wondered about that based on some things in his last interview with Corey Evans. He seemed fairly open to the idea.

bleedingTNorange

I pulled up Basilios site after Thunder posted about the schedule. That guy speculates he doesn’t have big time offers because he’s a risk to go to the g-league
That hasn’t stopped other guys from getting offers, doesn’t really seem to make much sense...I think he’s a guy that had there been an AAU season would have greatly benefited, we may be better off that there wasn’t though.

bleedingTNorange

I wondered about that based on some things in his last interview with Corey Evans. He seemed fairly open to the idea.
The kids that have gone so far mostly have been ones with academic questions or that reportedly had a family that “needed” the money...not sure Smith falls into that category, not saying he wouldn’t entertain it but I don’t think he’s been throwing his name out to the G-league for months.

cncchris33

The kids that have gone so far mostly have been ones with academic questions or that reportedly had a family that “needed” the money...not sure Smith falls into that category, not saying he wouldn’t entertain it but I don’t think he’s been throwing his name out to the G-league for months.
Yeah, but the more interest, and certainly more success those kids experience, the more enticing it becomes, even for those who aren't desperate. Were Jalen Green and/or Isaiah Todd academic question marks or financially strapped? I haven't heard one way or the other.

SGMVols

Sophomoric Member
Would really cause the Texas fans to have a meltdown if Barnes took the #1 recruit out of Texas.
Really has to sting for them that they missed the top 10 while Baylor and A&M both made it. Shaka Dumb has ruined everything Barnes built there.

golfballs

Love it or leave it
Really has to sting for them that they missed the top 10 while Baylor and A&M both made it. Shaka Dumb has ruined everything Barnes built there.
No excuses this coming year. Make or break season. Of course the bar has been lowered so not sure what they would consider a success this season. A round of 32 appearance?

Shaka sucks. texas bb and fb are dumpster fires.
Or maybe Texas isn't a good fit for Shaka. He's only had one losing record in 11 seasons. He won 26 or more games in EVERY season at VCU. I'd say that he's struggling to get Texas winning at the level that they expect. I wouldn't say that he sucks.

I also wouldn't call Shaka dumb as the post a few above labels him. He has a masters degree and is married to a Harvard grad.

VolFreakJosh

Or maybe Texas isn't a good fit for Shaka. He's only had one losing record in 11 seasons. He won 26 or more games in EVERY season at VCU. I'd say that he's struggling to get Texas winning at the level that they expect. I wouldn't say that he sucks.

I also wouldn't call Shaka dumb as the post a few above labels him. He has a masters degree and is married to a Harvard grad.
He’s not a bad coach but he belongs coaching mid major schools.

Texas has too much higher expectations and that’s why he wouldn’t have been a good fit here either.

zooguy

Or, maybe all the schools in VCU’s conference suck and he feasted on inferior competition. And, when he coaches in a good BB conference, he’s not up for it. Not every mid-major coach can shake it in a better conference.

All the idiots at texas (who only support their teams when they are winning and actively boo their teams - mostly football when they aren’t good) deserve mediocrity. :p:p:p:p

VN Store

Sponsors