‘21 GA PF Jabari Smith (Auburn commit)

Interesting because, unless I'm misremembering, he had said that the G-League wasn't a real option to consider for him. Chandler said the same, so maybe I'm confusing the two, but I thought both said that.
I remember this as well. Money talks in the end, I suppose.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Man, that Ga. Tech/LSU, 2nd round NCAA Tourney game, is still the best NCAA Tourney game, I've seen live at TBA.

I saw the Regional Final at TBA with Marquette, Kansas, Duke, and Purdue. I was a teenager and remember Grant Hill dunking on Jim McIlvaine, and Big Dog Robinson scoring 40+ in one game. Really good basketball.

Interesting because, unless I'm misremembering, he had said that the G-League wasn't a real option to consider for him. Chandler said the same, so maybe I'm confusing the two, but I thought both said that.

Pretty sure Chandler's father publicly said on Memphis radio that he was going to college. They confirmed that they had been approached by the G League.

I saw the Regional Final at TBA with Marquette, Kansas, Duke, and Purdue. I was a teenager and remember Grant Hill dunking on Jim McIlvaine, and Big Dog Robinson scoring 40+ in one game. Really good basketball.
Dont forget Cuonzo's Tommy Bowl debut, either...LOL. I was in attendance for the finals between Duke and Purdue with my dad. I was a high school freshman. Great game.

Reactions: The Dog and VolGee4
Things change, and the money can change the mindset significantly. No one knows what recruits are thinking or who has been in their ear. Personally, nothing surprises me.

Big Dog had 44, I went to that game, too. Then Duke beat Purdue and went to the Final 4, Capel won regional MVP and Big Dog only had 8 points. Big Dog was one of my all-time favorite non-UT players

Reactions: VolGee4
Just don’t see the point . He will literally make more than a year later . Plus, playing college basketball & experiencing that lifestyle is better .

College is a much better marketing opportunity. Virtually no one cares about the G-League teams. If a recruit goes to college, he will have that college’s fan base as well as whatever team he’s on. The G-League might have more money short term but the lifetime benefits of being a high profile athlete at a major university out weigh that, in my opinion. You would be treated like royalty after leaving college.

Just don’t see the point . He will literally make more than a year later . Plus, playing college basketball & experiencing that lifestyle is better .
You don’t have to go to class, you get money as an 18 year old, you get to work on basketball for hours upon hours. What point don’t you see? Lol.

VN Store

Back