‘21 France SG Quentin Diboundje Eyobo

bleedingTNorange

6’6” 183lbs

Quinten Diboundje Eyobo, 2021 Shooting guard - Rivals.com

Montverde Academy post-grad guard
Quinten Diboundje-Eyobo turned in one of the day’s top performances, as the 6-foot-6 guard poured in 25 points in a victory over a Link Year Prep team that featured a handful of Div. I prospects. Diboundje Eyobo’s performance included a pair of 3-pointers and two explosive dunks that energized his team. He was every bit as good on the defensive end as he was on offense. The newly minted three-star prospect holds an offer from George Washington, which checks in on the French-born guard almost daily.

The day’s most pleasant surprise, Diboundje-Eyobo led Montverde’s post-grad team to a victory over a Link Year Prep squad that boasts a number of Div. I-bound prospects. The 6-foot-6 French import scored 25 points in a narrow win and grabbed the game-sealing rebound to boot. Diboundje-Eyobo’s lone offer is from George Washington, but Georgia, TCUand Tennessee are involved. His list of options should grow in the month ahead.

Rob Cassidy: I really think
Quinten Diboundje-Eyobo can help a high-major program. The French import arrived in America from Montpellier prior to this season and is making waves for the post-grad team at Montverde Academy.

I recently watched him go for 25 points in a victory over a Link Year Prep team that featured a handful of D-I prospects. He scored at all three levels in the contest and showcased some truly elite athleticism in the process. He’s having an incredible season and seems to be adjusting well to the American game. He currently holds an offer from George Washington, but Tennessee and TCU and Georgia are kicking the tires on his recruitment.

Dunks are all fine and well, but in all honesty, we need shooters and bigs. Another skinny athletic type that's going to take 2-3 years to develop? I'm hoping we can find more needed and immediate help. No offense to the kid.

At 183 pounds and being 6'-6", he needs to add good muscle weight to his frame for D-1 ball, especially in the SEC.

GBO

He’s listed at 207lbs by Montverde fwiw...I think he’s a 2/3

I saw that as well, I have never trusted the weights and heights listed on these recruiting sites and many times in game day programs! LOL

Years ago after a football game at Neyland we were standing around talking to Will H. and Michael Munoz, FIRC Munoz was listed as 6'-6" and 305 or there about . . . I am 6'-3" and 290, and I swear that he and I were about the same size . . . LOL

GBO

Dunks are all fine and well, but in all honesty, we need shooters and bigs. Another skinny athletic type that's going to take 2-3 years to develop? I'm hoping we can find more needed and immediate help. No offense to the kid.
We need both. Yves and Admiral were both major projects and both ended up being stars. I say keep the French Connection going since it has worked so well for us already

Reactions: WhenUrVolUrVFL
I hate to be lazy in this comp, but it's hard not to see a more offensively aggressive Yves Pons in those highlights. Even wears #35 in some of them. Clearly is a similar athlete and a good on-ball defender. Probably not quite the shot-blocker (few are), but that seemed to be a skill that Pons developed over time at Tennessee rather than one he came in possessing at an elite level. QDE clearly has a more developed jump-shot at this age, as well.

I hate to be lazy in this comp, but it's hard not to see a more offensively aggressive Yves Pons in those highlights. Even wears #35 in some of them. Clearly is a similar athlete and a good on-ball defender. Probably not quite the shot-blocker (few are), but that seemed to be a skill that Pons developed over time at Tennessee rather than one he came in possessing at an elite level. QDE clearly has a more developed jump-shot at this age, as well.

Speaking of shot blockers, I’ve just realized we have had some really good ones the last few years with KA and Pons. Curious to see who takes on the tradition

Reactions: Yazzy
You wanna take 7 transfers?
Given Chandler will likely be no more than a 2 year guy at UT, I got no problem taking 7 guys who are ready and able to play at this level next year. Frankly, I won't be surprised to see this portal biz become the norm instead of a one time deal. Don't like it, but it might turn out to be the new norm in college basketball.

Reactions: Pappy
So this is not the high school Montverde team that plays IMG, Sunrise, Oak Hill, etc.? What level of competition is this compared to those teams? I noticed at the 29 second mark he dunks over a kid that's 5'6" tall. I'm not saying he's not a good player. Just wondering who the competition is.
It’s the prep team, not high school team, they are older kids.

How are you able to tell the kid is 5’6”?

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Given Chandler will likely be no more than a 2 year guy at UT, I got no problem taking 7 guys who are ready and able to play at this level next year. Frankly, I won't be surprised to see this portal biz become the norm instead of a one time deal. Don't like it, but it might turn out to be the new norm in college basketball.
Take 7 expected immediate impact guys and add them to 7 guys expecting minutes and you’re gonna have some issues and most definitely mass exodus the following season...I have no issue with making sure we got 10-11 quality guys and then having a guy like QDE/Plavsic/Tamba 12-15

VN Store

Back